Raleigh M Trax 450 build

Wow.. Thanks for the brochure link. It will give me an aim to try and source some of the original parts. i've actually got that exact xt chainset to go on so thats made my day. Glad you like, even if i have posted it in the wrong section! It will be treated to lots of red anondised parts in the future. :D

1999 and she's not aged a day !

I was Product Manager back then, and the spec was done to a price point.

Whilst I stand by it completely, please feel free to build it up with whatever you like.

Afterall, it was made to be enjoyed :)

Theres been a little progress. The bike got finished and has had a couple of outings.

A few new additions have been fitted already such as the saddle/post, stem and brake levers. Thanks to a few users on here!

Photo0483.jpg

Photo0485.jpg

Photo0484.jpg

Nice bike, something I'm after!
I'm not too sure about the long steerer though!

How are those Red DX brakes like?
Wanna sell the frame?
I'll swap you a raleigh 853 framed full susser for it!

ibbz":a7b1nurj said:
Nice bike, something I'm after!
I'm not too sure about the long steerer though!

How are those Red DX brakes like?
Wanna sell the frame?
I'll swap you a raleigh 853 framed full susser for it!

What size is your 300?

Your RSP 450 is stunning, a handbuilt Reynolds 853 frame is in a league of its own. I was looking at a Chas Roberts, but this too is a handbuilt British made frame and I'd rather own this than the more readily available (though beautiful excellent and more desirable ) Torus Timet RSP (though I hope to own one of those )

I've been building mine up, so far it has a new rock shox monarch rear shock a magura phaon front fork FSA orbit mx headset raceface stem and xlite bars.
Un55 Bb and syncros forged cranks .

I'm not too keen on full sussers thpugh I do like mine, and even though I have a dynatech MT4 I'd love one of these 450's and be willing to let the frame forks headset and original rear shock go. (The monarch and new hardware is brand new and not fitted yet) if you fancy a swap

Back