1994 PROFLEX 854 RED - GETTIN' THERE!

beware the dust from the elastomers. Its carcinogenic. Recommended protection is filer mask and gloves if you are cutting or abrasive shaping urethane...

Looking good though!

Loved the look of these Bitd especially those forks :D never got to ride one so i dont know what they ride like ?
cheers paul

This bike is stunning!
The 854 was my first proper mountain bike.
I skinted my self buying it and treat it better than I did my girlfriends :twisted:
I loved that bike, but the BB shell failed so had to get that fixed (took 4 months for a replacement frame), then the swing arm cracked (got fixed by local frame builder) and finally the bushings became harder to come by than unobtainium so she got stored away and never rode.
Moved in with my future wife and due to lack of space I sold the bike and actually cried as the guy drove a way with it.

I keep toying with getting one for nostalgia purposes, but seem to recall servicing it more than actually riding it, so unless I find one in mint conditions for next to nowt, I will just have to rely on my memories. :( :cry:

Thanks man!

Ya it will be pretty sweet once i get around to finishing it! You should for sure buy one for nostalgia sake. They are not that hard to find.

wheels rebuild, brake surface polished..nos onzas installed!

Attachments

• image[2].jpeg
    image[2].jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 729
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 729
  • image[1].jpeg
    image[1].jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 729
sure man,

All i did was hand sand them with a rubber sanding block and water paper over the sink. I stared with 320, 400,600,800, 1200, 2000..very tedious...

Wear gloves!...aluminum is very bad for you..

Ive been a bit lazy on this built...sidetracked with another project..yesterday i got around to rebuilding the fork..

had to go to 3 different bike stores to find a new lower headset seal..

finally have mastered the technique to cut the elastomers so they do not deform..

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 690
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 690
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 690
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG