1992 Boulder Intrepid Al revisited ...

gingernuts/badger":3dw93tb7 said:
Nooooooooooo

Love that boulder. Love it.

+1. That's awful news. I'm sorry to hear that. What's the background information on the break? did the seller not disclose the issue?.

What a shame Andreas! I'm guessing that happened when you pressed in the headset? What did you do with the frame?

That's right Mike. Very sad. There was no headset in the frame when it arrived. The crack was spotted during a polishing job. However, the frame went back to seller.

felixdelrio":u02yhais said:
That's right Mike. Very sad. There was no headset in the frame when it arrived. The crack was spotted during a polishing job. However, the frame went back to seller.
Well, it looks like I'm the "proud" new owner of this Boulder Intrepid AL.

I got it from a guy in Switzerland (Im in SF Bay Area) - and he didnt know the HT was cracked.

The owner before him epoxied in an XTR headset cup.

I'm going to ride it a bit and see how it holds up - but really it need to be re-welded.

Can anyone tell me how it cracked. And does anyone have info on the XTR headset fix? This bike doesnt look like it's ever been ridden.

SYN-CROSSIS":3ler7194 said:
Return to sender!
Nah, This bike has bounced around the globe from US, to UK to Germany, Austria, Switzerland and now SF Bay.

SOMEONE Needs to build and ride this bike. Might as well be me!

irmb":gmssadrw said:
SYN-CROSSIS":gmssadrw said:
Return to sender!
Nah, This bike has bounced around the globe from US, to UK to Germany, Austria, Switzerland and now SF Bay.

SOMEONE Needs to build and ride this bike. Might as well be me!
Dude if it were steel I would have said just send it back over the pond to Germany, but Alu hmm! not easy... :cry: :?

Latest posts

Back