1991 Alpinestars Cro-Mega DX - unexpected love...

siedem3

Dirt Disciple
Here is one of my bikes bought in the last 1-2 years after a long break from the MTB. This Cro-Mega is a totally unexpected love :) I always liked Al, Cro and Ti-Megas but it was not the most wanted bike. After the purchase of the first everything changed. Now I have four similar and the two are still in the queue.
Let's start with the oldest photos before buying and one with the temporary changes. More changes and photos soon...

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Frame: Alpinestars Cro-Mega

Fork: Alpinestars

Headset:
Stem: Syncros
Handlebar: Rito (temporary)
Grips: -
Barends: -

Brakes: Shimano DX
Brake Pads: Shimano DX
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano
Brake Levers: Shimano DX

Shifters: Shimano DX
Front Derailleur: Shimano DX
Rear Derailleur: Shimano DX
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: Shimano
Chain: Shimano HG
Cranks: Shimano DX
Crank Bolts: -
Chainrings: -
Chainring bolts: -
Bottom Bracket: -
Pedals: -

Hub Skewers: Shimano
Rims: Araya
Hubs: Shimano DX
Nipples: -
Spokes: -
Tyres: Michelin Wildgripper
Tubes: Bontrager

Saddle: Alpinestars
Seatpost: -
Seatpost Binder: -

Weight: -

ahhh. great! :cool: got one in the shed needing a full re-paint and everything else. yours has the original seat which, is a welcome sight. the foam and faux leather usually falls to pieces or gets upgraded for a selle turbo.

i nearly forgot it was there until i clicked on your post.

dzieke.

That DX stuff looks immaculate. Such an attractive groupset. If only rear mechs looked that good today.

Tidy bike all round!

Thanks yeti-man ;-)
I have a big dilemma. on the one hand, I would like to leave this bike at 100% of the original, on the other hand I've always liked not the most expensive, not the best, but simply unique bikes... And I think changes will be made​​. Syncros stem looks awesome to me. New brakes, handlebar, saddle, wheels with Pulstar hubs are waiting...
Meanwhile, a temporary photos of today's stage of changes.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

My first ever mountain bike ride was on a 91
heres my 92 since modified with a syncros stem and blue and yellow Flite Kevlar and silver taperlite bar

Attachments

• A-Star 2.JPG
    A-Star 2.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 1,820
Blimey! You're a girl; who builds and rides her own bikes!

Wonder how many of the blokes on here are thinking...

'...wish my girlfriend was - hot - like - YOU!'

Seriously... nice bikes :cool:

Ha ha its Obvs m8 from the size of the blue frame lush '92 in blue as it is ;) But it's small enough to be a trials bike.
Great to have a better half that enjoys getting dirty though.....never managed it myself they always end up bitching about how much their bums hurt :roll: And you would think with all that cushion it would be a piece of piss :D

Back