Intense Tazer HT...now finished (pic heavy update on page 3)

I started putting he bike together tonight; here are a few pics.

cfe1a151a6b47c7733782deae9c1090c.jpg

2f6b5776fb3356b797552ef75e950f3b.jpg

b937b5e14807705b1c5a190cd13dc701.jpg

The Rubber Queen on the rear is way to tall to fit through the yoke at the top of the seat stays.

a09d69474fef9898e1d2ed7a17c2f958.jpg

82226e9a8197baa6899e41bcd927fa64.jpg

I need to get a few things to get it sorted;

12mm conversion for the bulb (on its way)
Cable
Blue tube to seal the goodridge gear cable but I don't think you can buy it on its own.
New tyres
Shorter bolt for the chan guide ISCG mounts
Nicer seat post (race face to match the stem and cranks)

Then later on in he new year I'll get some Atlas cranks and Superstar
Nano pedals to shave some weight off it because its quite a chunky little thing.

How thick is the tubing on this bike, and do you think the harsh blasting might have compromised its overall strength, having clearly taken some of the original material away?
I know you aren't going down that road, but theorectically, polishing it smooth would have only served to weaken it - right?

N/B":2z6l34vp said:
How thick is the tubing on this bike, and do you think the harsh blasting might have compromised its overall strength, having clearly taken some of the original material away?
I know you aren't going down that road, but theorectically, polishing it smooth would have only served to weaken it - right?

I don't know to be honest, but I'm pretty sure that it won't be as strong as it should be. It won't get a massively hard life anyhow. Which is one reason why I didn't fancy trying to sand it down to smooth it out.

I'm also keeping an eye out for an original one. This one will then just end up hanging on the wall.

lockwood":2332pagv said:
Looks mega, apart from the forks! Too much travel it needs some 100mm fox floats on it

That's the ultimate plan...although I'm a bit nervous o buying some second hand due to he infamous stanchion wear (I want some of the older grey ones). I bought the Z1's for so little, they were too good to say no to!

I've got the blue tubing from both a Goodridge gear and brake set if you would like it? Brake is uncut and it is all unused as I changed my mind during a build. They look to be the same diameter.

Not sure what the form is for doing this, but if you want to drop me something for the postage and your address it's yours.

Ryan

ryan_is":3ga5uozv said:
I've got the blue tubing from both a Goodridge gear and brake set if you would like it? Brake is uncut and it is all unused as I changed my mind during a build. They look to be the same diameter.

Not sure what the form is for doing this, but if you want to drop me something for the postage and your address it's yours.

Ryan

Cheers mate. That's much appreciated - I'll take you up on that.

PM incoming.

Bravo, mister!

Looks nice, but the forks don't belong. I got some cheap Minutes in awesome shape for mine and got the blue King headset installed. The bar also seems to low. Otherwise it's fine to me.

Question: do you think there's an axle kit of XC hubs as well or just for Bulbs?

Mx

Maxipedia":1a2zl1mo said:
Bravo, mister!

Looks nice, but the forks don't belong. I got some cheap Minutes in awesome shape for mine and got the blue King headset installed. The bar also seems to low. Otherwise it's fine to me.

Question: do you think there's an axle kit of XC hubs as well or just for Bulbs?

Mx

Not much love on here for the trusty Z1's. Eventually they'll get swapped for some 32 Floats but they're staying for now.

As for the bars, I'm a fan of lower bars to keep the front end down a bit. To my eyes the Avionics that I used to run look funny. It's not really a period bike, more one that I can use day to day.

You can't get a 12mm kit for the XC hubs; they're QR only.

Have you got a thread for your Tazer?

That's the ultimate plan...although I'm a bit nervous o buying some second hand due to he infamous stanchion wear (I want some of the older grey ones). I bought the Z1's for so little, they were too good to say no to![/quote]

plenty of good pairs still knocking about if you look after the seals its not a problem.

Latest posts

Back