forum suggestion: thread ignore function

ScillySuffolk

Retro Guru
Although I suppose this could be applied generally, I am thinking particularly of the classifieds sub-forum.

After reading an ad and, assuming it wasn't of interest, if I could then ignore it, I wouldn't keep having to read them when they get bumped up.

The memory isn't what it used to be.

Although I suppose this could be applied generally, I am... [pauses for laughter].

Old age? I am getting used to forgetting my name, wife is getting me a label for Christmas like Paddinton bear although I hope does not say Peru on it!

Festive fun to all.....

gibbleking":dphmt8gx said:
you could just press the stop watching this thread button at the bottom of the thread... :cool:
I'm not watching the threads, I would like to stop seeing them altogether.

If we could have the option to ignore certain members, I'd sign up to that one.

The forum software used is very old. You wont get features like that.

As far as I know John isnt upgrading because the front end of the website is tied into it too.

If there is a genuine demand for such a function I'll look into it...

cce":1wawtktz said:
The forum software used is very old. You wont get features like that.

As far as I know John isnt upgrading because the front end of the website is tied into it too.

Interesting perspective, where did you hear this? The forum software will be updated, I'd hoped to get it done and dusted by the end of this year. However given the complexity of unpicking various customisations and more importantly the size of the database it never happened. I ran some trial migrations, these tied the (admittedly fairly mediocre) laptop up for almost a week updating the database to the new level.

Back