Trails and Tribulations of a team Mechanic.

One step closer to my dream of becoming a pro. mechanic, Monday I got a job interview with a Team as a full time mechanic. Wish me good luck.

Well, after a couple of days of going back and forth, I made a contract with the new Team, and is now a full time Team Mechanic. The Team is Concordia Forsikring (insurance) RIWAL (Building lifts and sorts) It´s been a Continental Team since 2007. This year we are building the Team up from zero, in a new location, the Service Course will be my domain with the bikes: Willier with Campagnolo Record and Fast Forward wheels, the trucks and cars are my responsibility too. Looking forward to meet the riders after new years, we got one Brit on the team: Christopher Stevenson (UK Youth Cycling) and a Swede: Mats Andersson (Argon 18-Unaas Cycling) + two former Pro Tour riders: Martin Mortensen (Vacansoleil-DCM) and Kasper Klostergaard (Team Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank). I´ll report back with pics. from the progress as I learn my way around the Team. To say I´m exited, would be an understatement!

Brilliant news

Congratulations, really pleased for you!
Sounds like an adventure, take the time to enjoy it.
Dont forget to send us reports and cool pics.
All the very best
Jamie

well done, good on you.
just dont dare fit down tube levers and 7 speed cassettes overnight.

Thanks guys, it means a lot coming from guys like you who are passionate about Roadbikes. I´ve renamed the tread, so it has a more up to date headline. marry Xmas to all.

Great job, soak up the experience. Keep the tales coming.

Back