Merry Xmas guys

jimo746":1n35tt3g said:
Ian Raleigh":1n35tt3g said:
no drinking whilst biking

are you for real??!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :LOL:

Serious advice I suspect, don't want to spill it do we...failing that fill a camelpack full of scotlands finest...and I don't mean iron bru

I remember back in the 80's doing a mere 40 miles on the bike then in the local pub and having a few beers
followed by intense crazy cycling and watching the white line on the edge of the road going everywhere
and when we came across deep grassed banked edges, it was a matter of who could push off first into the grass :?

I was all good fun then on the quite roads but there is no way I'd do it now.

Merry Christmas Ian :)

The drink riding reminds me of a pub crawl I went on with a few mates. It ended up involving quite a few pubs and we finished up at one about 15 miles from home. Like you said, the roads were a lot quieter then :shock:

On the ride home my mate was complaining about feeling totally knackered. We had to keep pulling over to weight for him and every hill we came to we had to give him the usual shouts of encouragement, like, 'pedal harder you bastard'. :)

Next morning we got up with our bangin hangovers to discover his back wheel was like a banana. :LOL:

Ian Raleigh":1wcnu8j6 said:
Heres wishing you guys a Merry Christmas and carry on biking though no drinking whilst biking

Merry Xmas Ian!!! I see you found the free smileys site :)

I did once come to one evening in a hedge, kneeling in nettles just as the rozzers happened to drive past. They fished me and a very bent bicycle out of the nettles whilst pissing themselves laughing, i was quite drunk and extremely apologetic (maybe why i didnt get an absolute roasting) Upon enquiring if they had seen my glasses one of them walked up the road and came back with a pile of metal and glass and said 'looks like we ran them over'. They wiggled my left arm and kindly pointed out that the crunching noise was a broken collar bone :) They called me an ambulance and even helped pour me into it. And kindly left my bike in the hedge as well...

Never again :roll:

Back