1990 Muddyfox Pathfinder

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
A new project turned up today to keep me occupied for a few evenings, courtesy of drcarlos :)

The frame & forks are in very good condition considering the age with hardly a mark other than one of the decals being damaged on the seatstays.

This is to be a very low rent build using up bits I have never got round to selling. Everything going on it is in top condition though so it should look pretty smart.

Not sure how I will find that 0 rise stem but I will find out soon enough.

PC180188.jpg

Glad it arrived safely, I went overboard on the packing after the Saracen incident.As for the 0 rise stem it's an acquired taste but Johnnyboy gets on OK with one on his 1990 courier comp.

Carl.

Bit different to my build I kept it high end but nicely anonymous for locking at the station with Suntour XC Comp and Pro.

Silver rims and skinwalls look right though. I must put the griptrax tyres I have on my Courier Comp for some pictures.

Carl.

looking sweet fella :D

had one bitd (was my ex-wife's!) but found the flat-long-stem a bit ponderous.

And :cool:

We need more Muddy Fox love around here. I'm in. One of my old riding buddies had a Muddy Fox Courier, great days back then. Oh the memories.

Finished and ridden and I'm over the moon with it, rides very nicely indeed and the low end components all work perfectly with no adjustments.

GEDC1911_zps45f8ad1a.jpg

GEDC1910_zps934c5b04.jpg

GEDC1909_zps498c1cc1.jpg

GEDC1906_zpsb8a8b07b.jpg

GEDC1905_zps5eaa56cf.jpg

GEDC1904_zps0eb75991.jpg

I think they ride great too. Mine was relegated to commuting duties but I have been in the process of finding a cheap DX groupo for it. Just need wheels and maybe post.

The 2nd incarnation of mine with original matching saddle bag, Zefal bottle cage and top tube pad!

Back