Date my Condor Italia

SimonAdams6

Retro Newbie
Hi all

I dug this out of my parents garage and it was my first proper road bike in about 89. I bought the frame forks and headset second hand in Wellyn garden city.

The frame number seems to be 75180 which is stamped on the outside of the Colnago drop out.

Pics to follow.

Hi, it needs confirmation from Condor, who will assist if you mail or ring, but it looks the 180th frame build in 1975, it should be on the steerer as well. Terry

Thanks very much.

I think it might be more modern than that because it has vertical campag drop outs.

I am trying to put some pics up but I can't seem to resize them on the iPad.

Verical dropouts were around at time for TT bikes, the cables go over the BB, the lugs could be period and the brakes are nutted and not hex.........could be 1975 even though the top tube guides for the brake cable were rare at the time.

Frame number is the best guide :D

Shaun

Shaun

I may be wrong, but it looks to me like those are cable-ties holding the rear brake cable to the top tube? Band-on gear levers? Can't quite see against that background! It looks exactly what you'd expect from a 1975 frame as far as brazed on bits go...

Are Condors numbered on the dropout? I don't know but someone must..

Top tube guides are brazed on. There is one cable tie. There doesn't seem to be anything on the bb shell or anywhere else that might be a frame number.

Condor have come back to me today and it is an Italia from the mid 70's. they are quoting £150 for a respray which Is very tempting.

Back