Raleigh Activator 2

MCsanandreas":1a41uoz2 said:
pictures or it did not happen!

xCCOox25_original.jpg

Jussa":3lnqf832 said:
I had one, and pimped it, and rode it, and loved it, and then sold it on to another retrobiker, who also loves it :D

Evidence of mine before and after;

Those Airlines weigh 4kg without the tyres! I know because I posted some a couple of weeks ago

Pyro Tim":170itjiv said:
Jussa":170itjiv said:
I had one, and pimped it, and rode it, and loved it, and then sold it on to another retrobiker, who also loves it :D

Evidence of mine before and after;

Those Airlines weigh 4kg without the tyres! I know because I posted some a couple of weeks ago

Agreed not the lightest of wheels, but i like them none the less :) Have owned several set now.

I picked this Raleigh Activator GS on eBay for £35, it's something I had wanted for a long time. It was in pretty good condition but with obviously poor quality parts.

To fit the forks I bought a length of 25.4mm aluminium tube and made the headset crown on the lathe, it is a push fit into the bottom of the steerer, which then bolts to the lower crown.
A member on here kindly made a ring to enable the top crown to use a standard steerer.

cdJNU-Ou_original.jpg

vq2DeS8__original.jpg

I spent around 4 hours making a slightly longer axle for Hope hub I was going to use, in the end I didn't use it, I went with the Royce / Mavic 231 ceramic instead.

Ysq+NTS__original.jpg

The RaceFace BB needed modifying to fit, it was too wide and wouldn't fit into the BB shell, it was ground down. It still rubs against the chain set slightly.

lNQVTPDA_original.jpg

ZW7xaqjl_original.jpg

uZM18yii_original.jpg

Thanks to Dead Rats for telling me these mech hangers exist!

o0Fg5Vei_original.jpg

M8ry0xxu_original.jpg

cr4uUIBR_original.jpg

PYkkUlTI_original.jpg

Got to admire your cojones and time/money/effort to make stuff fit :)

I almost rebuilt a donor Emmelle recently just to upset the establishment and because the Taiwanese frame was the same weight as my 501 Claud Butler ~2.7kg

Still got my eye on a couple of other undesirable brands I'd like to give similar treatment to someday, although not as extreme as this!

Hmmmm........now I have a Emmelle Dolomite frame and fork so maybe full XTR with Mavic Crossmax..................yeah right, if I could afford full XTR and Crossmax i wouldn't have an Emmelle Dolomite :LOL:

Latest posts

Back