Info on Owen Blower cycles

CTK":1et7tu6r said:
Put Perkins in your title, I think he is a regular on this site.
I think you may be referring to 'Perks'.

I also think it looks a bit like a home done paint job with the owners name added.

Old Ned":2bfsrmma said:
CTK":2bfsrmma said:

I also think it looks a bit like a home done paint job with the owners name added.

You are right Ned I was thinking of Perks. oops!

Re: Owen Blower

Ciccioformaccio":2djlburd said:
Someone says that the frame is from a road bike (as possibly proved by the caliper bridge present on the frame) and during the repainting process the cantilever pivots have been brazed on.

Apart from the fact that the frame was claimed to be a Owen Blower, someone knows the Perkin bikes (the decals currently on the frame)?

It may just be a stock seatstay bridge that the builder used 'cause it was to hand. That fork crown - unless they aren't the original forks - certainly looks wide enough to be a CX one. Lack of rack/guard mounts and bottle bosses, whilst still having lever/cable stop mounts on the down tube, point to it being intended for 'cross.

Regardless of all that, nice frame with a good repaint.

David

Old Ned":1t3abykk said:
CTK":1t3abykk said:

Doesn't look too bad to me. It could be an "owner-specified" refinish - Frank Clements at Orbit/Sirius used to be able to supply just about any decals the customer asked for, within reason.

David

David B":2jl2ye1a said:
Old Ned":2jl2ye1a said:
CTK":2jl2ye1a said:

Doesn't look too bad to me. It could be an "owner-specified" refinish - Frank Clements at Orbit/Sirius used to be able to supply just about any decals the customer asked for, within reason.

David

Thank you David for you comments, Here I attach some more pictures ol frame details, including the frame number placed down in the bottom bracket.

Attachments

• IMG_1714-2.jpg
    IMG_1714-2.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 872
  • IMG_1718-2.jpg
    IMG_1718-2.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 872
  • IMG_1725-2.jpg
    IMG_1725-2.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 872
  • IMG_1726-2.jpg
    IMG_1726-2.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 872
suggestion

I would like to have some suggestion on how to respray the frame.

Have you any colour scheme in mind ? Which type of decalc could I use ?

Re: Owen Blower

Ciccioformaccio":2dnw42nc said:
Someone says that the frame is from a road bike (as possibly proved by the caliper bridge present on the frame) and during the repainting process the cantilever pivots have been brazed on.

Apart from the fact that the frame was claimed to be a Owen Blower, someone knows the Perkin bikes (the decals currently on the frame)?

up

Ciccioformaccio":4yums4dq said:
Has someone some info on the Owen Blower cycles ?

Is the production still active ? Any of you has a Owen bike for looking at the colour scheme and original decalcs ?

On the web I could not find any picture of such bikes and therefore any information would be very welcomed.
up

Owen Blower did indeed have a shop in Leicester it was on Blackbird road Groby road corner I had the pleasure of meeting him recently and he said he did not build his own frames but bought them in from various sources including Holdsworth amongst others. He still lives in Leicestershire and even in his eighties he remains a very active cyclist

fred in the shed":144w99xz said:
Owen Blower did indeed have a shop in Leicester it was on Blackbird road Groby road corner I had the pleasure of meeting him recently and he said he did not build his own frames but bought them in from various sources including Holdsworth amongst others. He still lives in Leicestershire and even in his eighties he remains a very active cyclist

Thank you for the new info on Owen Blower.
It appears that it will be almost impossible to find out who was the producer of my frame (someone suggested that it could be Sid Mottram), therefore I will try to find out if any decals for Owen Blower cycle are available.
As far I know from a web search, only one set of pictures of a Owen Blower are available. They were published here on Retrobike and depict a track frame in white with just a BLOWER in capital letters,

Do you have any idea or pictures of a Owen Blower ? Colour scheme ? Decals ?

Thank you

C,

Attachments

• photo2_640x480.jpg
    photo2_640x480.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 658
  • photo3_640x480.jpg
    photo3_640x480.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 655
Back