2013 Calendar Ride Suggestions

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hello and welcome to our brand new area group :D

Myself and Andy have a huge amount of work to do to get this area group off the ground and long time I would like to have a nice full calendar catering for riders across the whole area.

I was deputy AEC for the Ne & Yorks area group prior to the formation of this group and would like to steal a few ideas from them with regards to announcements etc and hope both myself and Andy can bring you all a good years riding for 2013.

Right to start things we need a calendar and that means we need to some rides to put on it.
The format I want to stick to is a main ride every month that will be posted up as an announcement and I will create a chat thread that any local rides can be organised and discussed in between these main monthly rides.

Andy knows some good routes in North Lincolnshire and I can put a ride on pretty much anywhere North of the Humber but we need suggestions for rides further south in Lincolnshire and in South Yorkshire.

So please get your thinking caps on and post up any ideas for routes that you know and you think are suitable for one of our main area group monthly rides.

I have written all of this without speaking to Andy so hopefully he will along shortly to put his ideas forward :LOL:

Just wanted to pop in and wish Chris and Andy all the best with getting this new group up and running.

There is some great riding to be had in your region and I'll look forward to seeing how it all develops.

As discussed with Chrisv40 and Fluffychicken I'll be working on some rides based in South Yorkshire. I live in Doncaster and have a friend in Sheffield who rides in that area.

Bear with me.

Great to see the new area by the way. Let's make it a good one.

A ride around Rutland Water.

Penistone loop I plotted ages ago, shouldn't be hard going. I think takes in some of Barnsley trail or something sounding like that.

We got the Scunny loop

We got the one marc has the book for.

Possibly an East Coast (E.Yorks) bimble, possibly to Spurm Point ?

I here Andy is doing the right thing and investigating Louth more and more.

Something along that woodhall spa/horncastle 'trail' that they opened up.

Anything around the RotherValley lake ?

Wetwang

Wouldn't mind trying a route around Thixendale on our borders.

Of course can put on regular rides on the Yorkshire Wolds.

and we can tie in some Moors, Dales and Peaks with the other groups (incl Dalby and Sherwood Pines)
Also like to try Stu and Marc 'local' rides

I'm going to try and make sure our monthly rides are roughly a fortnight either side of any localish rides Marc is putting on such as Temple Newsham.

A definite date for your diaries is the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd of June which is the York cycle show.

A ride taking in the show is being planned now and will be a joint affair with our neighbours so keep that weekend free if possible.

Bicyclemania doesn't appear to have set a date yet but as its usually in late May that will probably be our main monthly ride.

chrisv40":11u9g2si said:
I'm going to try and make sure our monthly rides are roughly a fortnight either side of any localish rides Marc is putting on such as Temple Newsham.

A definite date for your diaries is the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd of June which is the York cycle show.

A ride taking in the show is being planned now and will be a joint affair with our neighbours so keep that weekend free if possible.

Bicyclemania doesn't appear to have set a date yet but as its usually in late May that will probably be our main monthly ride.

The cycle show has rides through the weekend, might be an idea to tag something up with them. Possibly go for a bigger thing and put an event on like the old bikes that where there and stay the weekend (sounds a bit too much though)
Still the official ride might be a route to follow...
http://www.ctc.org.uk/york-cycle-show/day-rides

I had a look over and around ladybower again,

Is a mix of everything easy trails and some really hard stuff, downhills in particular!

This was the 29th December and was more the rideable not too muddy the "Beast of Hopes cross" bit was interesting.

Neil

Back