BMX bikes and riders 1998--> ? still faffing with BMX?

yea was std spec cant remember much about spec but was a nice ride

always wanted a p street with the bomber forks that took the trick nuts

and yea bury it with u will confuse someone one day if they dig u up lol

Literally 1 month after mine got replaced, they stopped making the newer Vegas, and my mate had his original Vegas replaced with a P Street instead.... gutted aint the word....

Ce La Vie

G

i got told by spec uk that i couldnt have the p street as it wasnt avalable in the uk so the insurance money went elsewhere

sucks cos recon it could of been a giggle lol

That Spesh is pretty damn cool. I dabbled with BMX for a bit but was appalling. I tried riding proper street type stuff as I didn't like skate parks and I've never been much o a trail boss.

Unfortunately my BMX was stolen whilst I was at uni, so that was that as it was insured under the household policy because student insurance was too expensive and my folks wouldn't let me claim for it.

I keep thinking about getting a cruiser as there's a new BMX track near me now and I guess it will be good for fitness and skills. A friend I rode with had an Intense cruiser with sone old Marzocchi forks on it which was pretty cool.

ba57ards":1mwszdww said:
i got told by spec uk that i couldnt have the p street as it wasnt avalable in the uk so the insurance money went elsewhere

sucks cos recon it could of been a giggle lol

Tosh.... my LBS at the time (Pembroke Cycles) sourced my mates one, and I could have had one if it it were not for the timing of my cracks

G

So with Christmas break coming and this poss being last one available to buy, I took the plunge! Must be nuts!
PC235378.jpg

:cool:
I will make a build thread for it in Reader Bikes 1998 --> (or retro vintage BMX) if folks wanna see it there... :idea: :?:

Plan is now to slowly get bits, If I'm keeping current wheels, I need a now uncool 14mm set of forks, and to size up the biggest chainring I can get to fit on the frame go with the (large) 14t Freewheel

PC235380.jpg

The old carcass!

shoppededit.jpg

Dscf0086edit2.jpg

Dscf0098edit.jpg

That's mine :cool:
It's an American frame by Take (Time model), only really ride it in the summer with the young mad locals. Given up trying to do crazy stuff on it and just go out for a bit of fun and to watch the young un's as I'm sick of breaking bones :cry:
Snapped all the bones across my foot on a big wall ride crash a couple of years back and vowed never again :LOL:

Ah. Kudos for that. The most modern bike in the thread so far. Reassuring to see a brake on there. Mine needs hardware, hard to imagine no brakes! Right attitude, so many ballsy riders out there now. Best to watch em while carefully pushing your own envelope slightly!

Back