1989 Doug Bradbury Manitou - 1st update complete

Thank you for all the great comments guys, I really appreciate it.

Here a couple quick pics with the rigid fork installed. Took these before I put the XT headset back in. Still need to hook up the brakes, but I'll be putting all new cables and all that so I didn't rush it.

DSC_0800-vi.jpg

DSC_0801-vi.jpg

DSC_0802-vi.jpg

:shock: Remember getting excited just having seen a black and white photo of one of these how ever many years ago it was - think it was in the Mountain Biker Buyers Guide. Now I see it's actually in my favourite colour!!! Agree with many on this thread: My BOTY for 2013 and we're not even there yet... :LOL:

And what a bonus getting both forks - well played sir!

Good lord.

Original bikes with such provenance as this are few and far between. So good to see it with the original rigid forks. Beautiful.

I have to say, I do like it with the original rigid forks, may be more than with the suspension forks.

Either way she's a beauty.

Wow. This year on RB has been amazing for rare bikes making an appearance. This is just amazing. I remember marvelling at the frame design and custom hubs back in the day. So Pleased to see this with all it's heritage and in great condition!

mkozaczek":2sj0f96j said:
Here a couple quick pics with the rigid fork installed..
looks cracking ;) I love this hardtail manitous.

Just my suggestions, I used to have one of these bradbury manitous. 4 years ago the seat tube is broken (no cracks but broken right! :shock: )
because my buddy (95kg) had gone a small trip with it.

Although they are very good and stable frame but seem to have a crack somewhere, so please be wary.

Sorry, but I don't get it :?

Why is this bike an any more likely candidate for BoTY than the Cleland featured earlier this year that so polarised popular opinion?

We_are_Stevo":k1b37e7z said:
Sorry, but I don't get it :?

Why is this bike an any more likely candidate for BoTY than the Cleland featured earlier this year that so polarised popular opinion?

Surely you've answered your own question here?

Back