Really cheap crap.

Kona-Ian

Senior Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
No

Surprisingly thats not BSO, it has a good equipment spec. Might not be an amazing ride but it will do what it says on the box.

34lbs though. :shock:

It will be heavy, with the fork as close to useless as makes no difference. You are better off with a secondhand 10-15 year old machine from the chaps here. :cool:

Thanks for the views.
I have been looking for second hand quality bikes as above.
It's for the boy and biggest frame size is 16"

Even my 10 year old is just about fits a 16" Kona, so worth looking. There are even 14" ones in the lower-range Konas.

I bought my wife a bike from the supermarket about 5 years ago for the princely sum of 89 euros, it has shimano brakes and RST (I think) forks, after 5 years it's still going strong, only ever had to adjust the cable tension, ok it never gets worked harder than bimbling round town or the occasional dirt road but it just goes to show that npt everything cheap is crap. It even came with a bell, pump, lights and puncture repair kit.
I bought her a Kona Stuff but she prefers the cheapy, says it's more comfy and easier to ride......

Can't see anything wrong with it... probably worth it for the kit alone, and bolt onto a good 2nd hand lighter frame.

I once read that a £79.99 bike from a shop leaves the China factory costing £12. Cheap crap, but even so, £12! How the hell can you make a bike for £12. The cost to make things in the modern day is just astounding.

Back