Is this a dead frame.

MADB

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I ended up with this bike under very odd circumstances, it a very long story but I'm selling it on for a fellow retro biker.

I was only selling the parts as I thought the frame was dead and ready for the skip but I thought I would ask here first.

What do you think, would it sell, would you ride it?

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Thanks for your help.

Brian.[/img]

Not that i am close to an expert on this forum, from what info i gathered about my ding - yours looks worse. I was advised that a dent so severe could just bend in use and may not be safe but, the tube is replacable - have a look at the various frame builders and you should be able to get a price to replace the tube.

^^^ my 2p's worth

It looks like it may be worth fixing.

as long as the frame is straight and the rear wheel sits straight you should be fine.

Just keep an eye on the centre of the dent for cracking- but unlikely to fail catastrophically. i've ridden a bike with only one chainstay before :)

andy

Frame looks like aluminium alloy, then it's irrepairable - simply ride the thing until it breaks. There's no effective, economic means to repair aluminium alloys I'm afraid

I'm not qualified to comment on whether it's safe, but as long as you disclosed the damage and priced accordingly, then there is no problem selling it.

I have a worse one on my Specialized M4 frame also on the chainstay. No problems after some years of riding it off-road.

Back