Vintage Bikes in Colorado [DB Manitou Content]

ridevintagemtb

BoTY Winner
Kona Fan
Stole this thread idea from MTBR VRC...

Strolling through the local LBS today and snapped some shots of these gems. Both employees worked for Doug BITD. Pete_MCC... might be a useful reference for your build? PM for details.

IMG_00452.jpg

Both shop employees worked for DB

IMG_00462.jpg

fixed crack

IMG_00472.jpg

IMG_00432.jpg

Nuke Proof

IMG_00482.jpg

Call the ball Ghostrider

IMG_00492.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

Not my thing, but this looks expensive

IMG_00442.jpg

nice idea for a thread. reminds me of me visiting a lbs around 1991 here in vienna. they had a yeti ultimate in violet hanging on the wall. will never forget that picture... :)
btw. a klein top gun was sold on ebay germany 4-5 month ago. was quite beaten though...

...to continue the thread idea, south texas is not really mtb territory but there's a nice old bike shop in houston that has an amazing collection of old steel mtbs. i haven't yet seen all of them but what's on display there is well worth a visit

starting with a not that exciting but nice Fisher

IMG_03871.JPG

late 80s Stumpjumper

IMG_03901.JPG

early Stumpy

IMG_03912.JPG

Ritchey Aspen

IMG_03892.JPG

a sweet and colorful Ibis

IMG_03882.JPG

a just as colorful FAT

IMG_03972.JPG

IMG_03981.JPG

a funky Brodie Romax

IMG_03943.JPG

IMG_0395.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG

an early Yeti Ultimate

IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_04001.JPG

a Trimble with drop bars and a Fisher RS-1 (and on the far left you can already partly see my favourite bike)

IMG_04012.JPG

and there it is, a very early (81 or 82, need to check the serial number) Mountain Goat Deluxe in mint original condition with all the cool pre-MTB parts like Cook Bros BMX hubs, TA cranks, Brooks seat, Mitsuboshi tires etc.

IMG_04062.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

there's another younger Deluxe, a few old Fats (one with box crown fork) and a 10th Anni Fat, an old DeKerf, Ibis Scorcher and a few more.

all those bikes are not for sale but they have modern classics for sale like IF, Kish, Castellano etc.

Carsten

Is that nuke proof with the weird oversized head tube designed to fit a set of linkage forks with the shock in the steerer? I remember seeing one in a magazine way back, but couldn't remember the brand. I always wanted some linkage forks - never gotten around to it though.

Back