Campag mech/shifters...Shimano cassette???

6speed?

I've browse through some topics in the build-set up of shimergo systems, and I've found that Pigman succesfully operated a 6 spd shimano casette with campagnolo 8spd erhgoshifters.. how was that possible, I couldn't find, if anyone would be so kind to help me with it, I'd be very grateful.

Thank you.

Actually I've found a quite cheap old campy shifter, some avanti stuff from around 96, eight speed. This shifter combined with tricolor 600 (RD -6400) rear derailleur should work pretty well with six-speed shimano uniglide casette on an old FH-1051 rear hub, if one sets up the derailleurs movement correctly, right?

Then I could have a lot of fun with only 12 speeds, I don't really see any point of having more on this terrain anyway...

shimagno

Get a shiftmate, available on the j-tech website. They have one to work with every combination. I'm using one with Campy 9 sp shifters and everything else Dura-ace and it shifts perfectly. They cost about $40 dollars US and are well worth it.

I would use what you have at 6 speed. Then do some research and see if you can bung a 7 speed cassette on and then maybe move to 8.

So you say that theoretically the six speed can also be used with ergos? great... I'll just have 8 spd ergos then, I don't intend to go above 8 spd anyway, as there's too much debris-dust on the roads, a more sophisticated system would wear out much too quickly ...

:$

A possible FH body donor?

I can literally get an FH-RM30 hub for free... perhaps he can be a donor of freehub body?

Back