1991 Merlin Elevator

mkozaczek

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Well what can I say, it's been a good weekend... First the manitou and then this just shows up on my doorstep (with a few friends to be named later). There isn't a great story here like with the DBM, but it's still a killer bike. Bought by a former stunt/bmx racer from the 80s and built using many choice parts from the time period. The build is a bit confused at the moment and the bike is set up very poorly, but it's nothing that can't get sorted. The condition is stunning, it may have seen a 100 miles of use total, seriously glam condition. It even include the manual, bag and original WTB grease gun with the goose grease!

Sorry about the lousy pics, but it was late when I got home and this whole rotation of the earth in the winter is really effing up my chi.

DSC_0784-vi.jpg

DSC_0785-vi.jpg

DSC_0786-vi.jpg

DSC_0787-vi.jpg

DSC_0788-vi.jpg

DSC_0789-vi.jpg

A couple notable parts include a mint first generation Syncros seat post with a pump nested inside it, Grafton speed controllers, nice black XT hubs, Hyperlite bar, early CQP cro-mo cranks and a very clean flite seat. Rebuild plans are still TBD, but getting the front fork sorted will be the first priority.

Happy to have this frame join my other early Merlin, even better than they are both my size!

very cool!! any idea on how many of these were made and in what years?

interested in how the elevator handels performs in comparison with your other merlin.

Back