1990 Haro Extreme

Thanks for the comments. And simply because it was easier, but because the spring mechanism inside the u brake sits still on the boss and the rest of the brake moves around it, so having the bosses painted shouldn't effect the operation of the brake :)

Sean

I love a good build thread where no expense has been spared.. and look/read in awe.... but this is equally as jaw dropping

what great results on such a modest budget, big respect to yah
although I've not commented on your progress I'm an avid follower of your thread

The retro beat box is Mental...

SEANSTEPHENS":1ynlpsk6 said:
Thanks for the comments. And simply because it was easier, but because the spring mechanism inside the u brake sits still on the boss and the rest of the brake moves around it, so having the bosses painted shouldn't effect the operation of the brake :)

Don't be surprised if the brake doesn't fit on with the extra paint thickness though.... you'll probably have to sand it off..... :)

Rob Atkin":m1vr83vx said:
SEANSTEPHENS":m1vr83vx said:

Don't be surprised if the brake doesn't fit on with the extra paint thickness though.... you'll probably have to sand it off..... :)

the back ones fitted fine, but on the forks maybe il have to see :)

Retro Spud":m1vr83vx said:
Sean

I love a good build thread where no expense has been spared.. and look/read in awe.... but this is equally as jaw dropping

what great results on such a modest budget, big respect to yah
although I've not commented on your progress I'm an avid follower of your thread

The retro beat box is Mental...

cheers mate

im glad you like it, the retro boombox was a non bike related project of mine. i always wanted to restore one :D

Attachments

• 1983 Sharp GF-575.jpg
    1983 Sharp GF-575.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 569
Ahhh I'm diggin the extra retro Value your throwing into this build thread
that Boombox is well nice :cool:

Kids these days with poncy little white I-pods have a deprived childhood
the Ghetto Blaster just passes them by.... as does the bill for all those R20 Batteries

Having seen your post I actually want to look for a BeatBox on Ebay for the Man Cave :shock: :? :LOL:

I can even dig out the C90's again...

Word Up !

Attachments

• Ghetto-Blaster.jpg
    Ghetto-Blaster.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 559
Retro Spud":287jci03 said:
Having seen your post I actually want to look for a BeatBox on Ebay for the Man Cave :shock: :? :LOL:

Word Up !

Fcuking Hell ..... a decent working one like yours is worth a small fortune
I think I might have to stick with my trusty ALBA

Check this out £450 and still climbing....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JVC-RC-M90JW- ... 27cde974d6

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Retro Spud":62urkn0b said:
Ahhh I'm diggin the extra retro Value your throwing into this build thread
that Boombox is well nice :cool:

Kids these days with poncy little white I-pods have a deprived childhood
the Ghetto Blaster just passes them by.... as does the bill for all those R20 Batteries

Word Up !

Ooh a lasonic :shock:

There don't seem to be many in the uk, I guess they were more an american craze... I do love to blast my ipod through it sometimes though. I serviced both the tape decks with new belts etc, but the home made tapes just lack somewhat in sound quality. I did have a small collection that I restored, only kept the sharp though, I didn't have the heart to sell it :LOL: but tbh it rarely leaves the house, seeing as its in such good condition I have a fear of damaging it :oops:

Retro Spud":1dnt7ggd said:
Retro Spud":1dnt7ggd said:

Word Up !

Fcuking Hell ..... a decent working one like yours is worth a small fortune
I think I might have to stick with my trusty ALBA

Check this out £450 and still climbing....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JVC-RC-M90JW- ... 27cde974d6

yeah but thats the same jvc m90 that LLcoolJ had, they tend to sell for a small fortune. you can get the same as mine for 60-100 quid, just dont expect it to be fully working. mines probably one of the best examples left in the uk so i wouldnt take much less than £250 for it.
i did have a 1987 Hitachi 3D80 which lacks a bit in retro credibility bit it has two subs in the front and sounds brilliant

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
20/12/12

going a little off topic :p but heres another update on the haro. got most of the groupset fitted, next i need to work on the wheels

sean

DSCF62586_zps75f9fa84.gif

had some time spare today to clean up the wheels and they've come up nicely. they are also already 100% which is always good (somebody at the bike project must have done it before i bought it)

The wheels are LX hubs laced to Ritchey Vantage rims. ive got a pair of bontrager tyres to go on soon. the cassette though was rusted beyond use.

heres some pics, comments welcome

cheers

DSC_2173_zpse9578efb.jpg

DSC_2175_zps4d53e366.jpg

DSC_2174_zps29b3df56.jpg

DSC_2179_zps7900325f.jpg

DSC_2176_zps8f638f2d.jpg

DSC_2178_zpsd96ecf2d.jpg

Back