BoTM Ideas Themes or Suggestions

BOTM should be a "best of retrobike" showcase. I doubt the members here are putting forth their best efforts towards commuters & wives/kids bikes.

BOTM should remain as is, a series of standard anything goes months with the odd themed special thrown in at no notice to add a little variety.

I am betting that commuting is a much more likely use than any other kind of riding for a lot of these pampered pets.

It would be nice to see a BOTM theme "Untouched" featuring bikes that have been left as they were found.

Now I could actually enter a bike in that one. :)

BOTM should be a shop window for the bikes on this site, and if that means that every now and again a low rent commuter or battered 'old faithful' tops the poll, then great.

After nearly 7 years on this site, "Look at my expensive frame with M900 groupset." has become a tad dull.

Russell":15q6xh90 said:
BOTM should be a shop window for the bikes on this site, and if that means that every now and again a low rent commuter or battered 'old faithful' tops the poll, then great.

After nearly 7 years on this site, "Look at my expensive frame with M900 groupset." has become a tad dull.

+1

ameybrook":fi8jfqq3 said:
BOTM should be a "best of retrobike" showcase. I doubt the members here are putting forth their best efforts towards commuters & wives/kids bikes.

And there was me thinking it was just a bit of fun.... :oops:

Dickyboy":37uog5yp said:
Bikes that have been owned from new?

I'd had the same idea but no idea how you would police it :(
need to define new....
my bike is owned from 'new', since I bought it it was new to me in 1992-ish
But it was an ex-team demo in the back of Eurocycles blokes garage he picked up on his tours to build up (being a roadie it just sat there). Of course it was not new at the time and had been used and not of that year and it was just frame forks and a few other bits of course pretty much everythign on it has been replaced since I built it up.
My RM Fusion was bought new, but not much is of it original-ness other than the frame.

Owned since BitD and been part of my life forever might be easier to define and give flexibility for some fun.
Not as catchy a title though.

Twister":3o5ik2va said:
ameybrook":3o5ik2va said:

And there was me thinking it was just a bit of fun.... :oops:

Game, set and match to the side that complains about 'Elitism' me thinks... ;)

Back