photo (56).JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,625
  • photo (55).JPG
    photo (55).JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,625
  • photo (54).JPG
    photo (54).JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 1,625
Top day out, this road malarkey ain't half bad, great route Ed, though Haugh woods climb three times in one day was certainly enough ! Highlights apart from the great company where of course Dave getting lost leaving the car park :shock:,seeing Dave slide across the road and a very special thanks to iwasgoodonce for lunch,very kind of you. bikes stinking and still in the van, so cleaning it will be tomorrows job.

I really enjoyed today. The route was excellent; I even managed to get up the climbs without nearly passing into the afterlife.

The route was a little wet and muddy but, when you consider the weather on the runup to the ride, it was surprisingly rideable. I was able to get some motor pacing in, (behind Ed and Markyp) and saw numbers on the GPS that I don't usually see!

The ride was followed by a meal and first rate pint of HPA. Thanks to Dave for the prize giving and Ed for sorting some excellent rides this year.

Top ride peeps - well chuffed with bike of the ride (as is my Dad).

Hopefully I won't be quite so far off the pace next time - picture of me rolling in, by which time the bars are already off for routine adjustments...

And ta for lunch to Iwasgoodonce - much appreciated.

Top day out chaps and thanks to all for coming, particularly the ones who had quite a way to travel.

A couple of thoughts:
- already mentioned above, but credit to Dave for managing to get dropped and lost in the carpark, a special talent.
- Mark showing up on a Gazelle low profile sans pedals but also lacking glue on the tubs.
- one mechanical only. Ok, so it wasn't a mechanical but a stem set up to give a position that only a priest in a cassock could love. Most modern bike there too. Easily rectified but turning up to a knife fight with a gun and the wrong sized bullets........
- only two people rocking non-indexed shifters and only one also with toeclips. 'Hat', as the French say, to TedC and his/his dads Freddie Grubb, older than anyone there and clearly Bike of the Ride.
- the boys with the compacts proving that low gears aren't in themselves the secret to climbing.
- the clatter behind that could only mean a chute. First one on a road ride and thankfully slow speed so only a skinned knee and a cracked mudguard (although perhaps cold comfort for those involved).
- many thanks to Dave and James for ride and season ending awards.
- many, many thanks for Mark standing us all lunch. Your bartape was still shit though.

Final thanks to Dave, James and Adrian for putting on such a great series of rides this year, hoping for more of the same (and different) in 2013.

top ride gentlemen! Sorry for missing the pub meal and prize giving.

Big apologies to Dave for my manouveres...I've got a scabby knee, if that's any consolation. I will hang my broken mudguard on the wall as a memento of my shame.....

...and remember Ed, as a drug fiend once said, "it's not about the chainset!"....

Fantastic ride to end the season with a great turnout of fine machinery and gentleman , Could not of asked for a better day weather wise either.

Have to say even by my standards managing to fanny around while everyone took off to exit the carpark with three options and not a rider to be seen not one of my greatest moments :LOL: :LOL:

Totally fell in love with Marks low pro he brought along , was gagging to have a go hopefully will have a chance in the future :cool:

Wouldnt really class it as a highlight (Cheers James!! :? ) but had my first chute on a road bike .... To be fair I could not of picked a finer cyclist than Markyp to slide down the road and lose my cherry with :LOL: . Feeling pretty stiff today but not sure if thats from the off or seeing Ed arse in his see through bibs!! :LOL: :LOL:

Quite pleased to clamber back on and shave 7 mins off our last time up the mast climb :shock:

Big thanks to Mark (iwasgoodonce) for dinner :D

Thanks to everyone who came and Ed for again hosting a great ride
Roll on 2013 !!

Back