A plethora of puncture holes

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Well four to be exact, four large thorns in the tyre, neither of us as ever had that many in one go.

My poor hubby had to go to work by car this morning. :(

Whats the most you've had?

Alison

one in each wheel at the same time on a down hil section. Lucky i don't go down hill fast

Offroad-ended up in a blackthorn hedge once, totally cocked a corner at speed, and after finding tons of tiny holes i gave up and limped home to patch myself up :shock: :shock:
Road-one extremely painful single front tyre sidewall puncture that tore tyre and tube to ribbons in seconds at speed, no control, apparently i did a big somersault combined with a huge sliding roll along the road covering a distance of approx. 15 yards, i nearly lost a knee cap and feel glad that i stopped before the drystone wall had a go at me. I always check my wheels/tyres/tubes for any oddity :D

9, all brought on by this little ******* entering the sidewall completely then spinning inside the tube and shredding it, 5 mile walk home as i never had a spare tube and not enough patches on me :twisted:

01072011258_zpscb5b8ae7.jpg

I went biking a few months ago and met someone on a trail with no spares / repairs. He emptied a whole puncture kit before giving up. Dunno what he had run over but must have been at least 7 punctures in one tyre.

I had to leave him to it in the end.

RobMac":19l7zkz2 said:
The last spectacular 'blow-out' I had was when the front rim exploded on my Explosif (Kona) :LOL:
IMG_1060.jpg

Double :shock: :shock:

Were you injured??

Alison

Another one

2012-09-03-475.jpg

2012-09-04-479.jpg

Never ever again will i use continental mountain king tyres, two weeks i had them on had numerous punctures, then this blowout, know idea how it happened as i was riding down a tarmac cyclepath

The last spectacular 'blow-out' I had was when the front rim exploded on my Explosif (Kona)

_________

Good to see our McRetro riding friends like to see value for money out their rims braking surfaces! :D

Back