ALL BECAUSE OF A PICTURE-A TRIBUTE BUILD FOR A NATIONAL HERO

Giom6":35fi8tdj said:
There's some serious riding going on there.

Love the picture of them on the start line, what must have been going through Jason's head right then? Love the last picture too, sums up how biking, and racing, can people together.

Keep them coming Carl.

Legend :)

Cheers Gio.

It must have been one of his families proudest moments. Im still in awe at the start gate image, the sheer look of determination on Jasons face says it all.

Every time i look at it i think of this.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwer1CiteBg

Logic.Al":20xn29p7 said:
Look at the size of that chain ring!

Amazing, pushing gears that size and reaching speeds close to 60mph.... :shock:

sinnerman":2nqf9evn said:
Giom6":2nqf9evn said:
There's some serious riding going on there.

Love the picture of them on the start line, what must have been going through Jason's head right then? Love the last picture too, sums up how biking, and racing, can people together.

Keep them coming Carl.

Legend :)

Cheers Gio.

It must have been one of his families proudest moments. Im still in awe at the start gate image, the sheer look of determination on Jasons face says it all.

Every time i look at it i think of this.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwer1CiteBg

Is there a clip of the race on you tube anywhere?

the_duke":15e163wm said:
Real inspiring story and some great pictures! There should be a film about it!

Duke, i totally agree, if there was ever a story of mountain bike racing worthy of making a film, The JMC story is the One.

Silverfish":21e6ab4k said:
Some cracking pics there Carl. He gave Rockwell a run for his money that's for sure :D

He sure did mate, any idea what sort of budget a Factory team like Yeti had back then...?

The feeling of Pressure must have been intense for him, enough pressure to make a lesser man crumble at the thought of what was needed.

For me its the "Rocky" story for mountain bikers.

Simply inspiring.

sinnerman":3upgien0 said:
Silverfish":3upgien0 said:
Some cracking pics there Carl. He gave Rockwell a run for his money that's for sure :D

He sure did mate, any idea what sort of budget a Factory team like Yeti had back then...?

The feeling of Pressure must have been intense for him, enough pressure to make a lesser man crumble at the thought of what was needed.

Simply inspiring.

Not a huge budget in 93, it was still early days for DH mountain biking so wasn't unusual to see unknown riders doing well against established pro's. That's how the unknown guys got established ;)

Silverfish":1cb4mx3r said:
sinnerman":1cb4mx3r said:
Silverfish":1cb4mx3r said:

Simply inspiring.

Not a huge budget in 93, it was still early days for DH mountain biking so wasn't unusual to see unknown riders doing well against established pro's. That's how the unknown guys got established ;)

I know for fact that it cost approx £100,000 to put on the event back then, (a small amount by todays standards. And this was the first time the event was filmed and made for T.V, albeit only for American Viewing.(at the time)

I cant imagine Yeti had a massive budget especially by todays standards, and even though there presence and image at the races seem mammoth in itself due to there BOX vans, race kits and awsum colours and Livery, even Yeti was considered a smaller Factory race team in comparison to some others.

I suspect even a Pro Yeti sponsored riders support was a far cry from being a jobless shop sponsored rider from Northen England, using his credit cards to fund the trip, and the Hope of cash wins for each race to afford to get to the next heat and battle..... ;)

Back