SPOTY 2012 - Are we voting for Wiggins, Hoy or Storey?

It is amazing.

The last thing I would have believed was the building of new velodromes.

Cycling is just getting bigger and bigger.

Great times.

Pyro Tim":bu2czuqt said:
NAILTRAIL96":bu2czuqt said:
Pyro Tim":bu2czuqt said:
Don't understand why "team GB" won the team award, they aren't a team, just a collection of individuals.

Classic :LOL:

A team, as in team sport. How does someone running the 100m have anything to do with a boxer, or a clay pigeon shooter etc?

Cycling is a team of guys working together, as is a rugby team, or football team, cricket team etc. Different sports and disciplines have nothing to do with each other, and therefore not a team. Don't get me wrong, I cheered along with everyone else for the Brits, but there were several teams in "team GB", cycling, rowing, swimming, athletics, horseriding etc. But not 1 team

I'm a little bit miffed as to why Team GB and Paralympic Team GB won "Team of the Year", not least because in the BBC's own terms and conditions for the voting on their own website, it said in black and white:

main.php

There were some moaners on the radio this morning about this, but at the end of the day... WHO CARES? It's such a minor point.... people HAVE to have a whinge about something :roll:
Who cares about the finer points of the criteria... its their (BBC) party (and a damn fine one at that) and they can change the rules if they want, and as long as the public didn't get ripped off financially by paying to vote on one pretext, then the rules being changed, its of absolutely jack significance

Anyway, I think the point was that it was such a collective effort by all the athletes, competitors, coaches, staff and support for both teams, that the rules were "waived" slightly in light of the magnificence of the combined effort...... End of!

G

Ennis for me every time. Just lovely. Now get her on a mtb. Don't care about the others.

Its strange how the BBC will include a clip of nearly every sporting event over the last year and yet John McGuinness, king of the Isle of Mann TT never gets a mention.

Robbied196":uprw4rwd said:
Its strange how the BBC will include a clip of nearly every sporting event over the last year and yet John McGuinness, king of the Isle of Mann TT never gets a mention.

Or indeed Dario Franchitti winning his 3rd title in Indycar in the States.

Is it me or was it a bit rubbish this year? It used to be called 'Sports Review', the award was just an aside at the end.

The jumbled up review of the years sport was just annoying. They used to go through a list of all the British world champions but it was all mixed up with how well different random teams had done, or not.

The list of sports people who had died this year was just rude. I really didn't need to watch the lass playing piano and singing for a couple of minutes. They should have just shown the pictures of each for three times as long...

And, as for the nominations. Why did they not talk about all of their accomplishments? They neglected to mention that Andy Murray was runner-up at Wimbledon and as well as the gold also won an Olympic silver medal in the mixed doubles.

I guess they did not have so much time to cover everything they did over the year.

Losing at Wimbledon was mentioned during his profile bit.

I don't think runner up at Wimbledon really figures in a year Murray trounced Fed to win Olympic Gold and pulled his first major out of the bag. Why are the Brits so obsessed with Wimbledon?

First it was all the naysayers saying he would never win a major, and now they are back talking about his Wimbledon prospects as though he was Timid Hennotman.

He is so over all that.

:)

Latest posts

Back