Cannondale SM1000 from 1991 in jetfighter-silver

Ah, this thread brings back some memories. Had the same bike, same size and same Onza sticker too :LOL:
I sold mine 15 year ago and now regret doing it. I wonder where my bike will be right now…
Nice project you have there. I agree with you on the parts. Suntour XC Comp did not work for me and switched to Shimano as soon as I had the chance.

Unbelievable...

You wont believe it - but I was the original owner of that bike ! I miss it and in some free time did a quick google images search! The Onza & Oakley stickers, and scuff on the left chainstay were the giveaways.
I sold the bike when I was studying veterinary medicine at Bristol University - back in around 1994/5.
The bike was originally purchased from Evan's cycles in Woking, Surrey - around 1990.
I'm now based in Hong Kong. Such a small world.....
Please do not sell it without emailing me !!! I will try to find some old photos.

Best, Marc

Hi Marc!

Thank's for that very interesting information. It's funny to hear what ways has the frame behind. ;)

But I've to disappoint you, I'll never sell that cannondale. As I told that before I've owned exactly the same bike 1991. I can reassure you, however, I love that bike and it's my favourite in my bike-collection.

Now it's looking like this:

Attachments

• Cannondale_SM1000_32.jpg
    Cannondale_SM1000_32.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 865
  • Cannondale_SM1000_31.jpg
    Cannondale_SM1000_31.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 865
I'm liking that (risers and bar-ends too :oops:). There's just something so purposeful, yet beautifully minimal, about early Cannondale(s) - I'm gonna get me one someday ;).

Re: Unbelievable...

Googaliser":dl2jvhm0 said:
You wont believe it - but I was the original owner of that bike !
I sold the bike when I was studying veterinary medicine at Bristol University - back in around 1994/5.

Best, Marc

Marc
Judging by the post code in picture #3 it never went far after you sold then... all the way Wrington !
whats that about 10 miles south of the city down the A370
(Or 15 miles if you include a quick stop off / detour around Ashton Court) :LOL:

Good job (except the riser bar :LOL: )
I love these Cannondale. This year, you could choose 2 paint job : black/blue pearl (like mine) and the jet fighter grey (like the SE1000) This grey is very elegant !

Some picture of the crank side ?
:D

Back