Orange Prestige differance

My Prestige post: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=196037&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FluffyChicken":3q3sfvac said:
FluffyChicken":3q3sfvac said:
Karmann":3q3sfvac said:
It's a built up bike so I'll strip it down and weigh it

Do pictures first or compare the stay canti cable stop to a Prestige
PICTURES!

Just to add now I'm on the computer, not a phone.
My belief is the Prestige used the wishbone cable stop as in the pictures above always for this year.
The Clockwork used a two pronged side to side type thing at this time. (it may have used the prestige style at some point earlier on* ?)
Of course if it has one the style above it doesn't mean it is, but if it doesn't I think it means it isn't

As an example (For reference A303xxx serial, top pull with roller, not the flat bottom to the reinforced seat tube section for this later 'future/zero's/square/.. style graphic)

GEDC0977.jpg

I want to strip the bike down soon ready for paint, where do I acquire the period correct decal set from? I will also want to be changing some of the components to make it into a lighter beast.

Karmann":8abs03im said:
I want to strip the bike down soon ready for paint, where do I acquire the period correct decal set from? I will also want to be changing some of the components to make it into a lighter beast.

well if you're going to strip the paint off, you want to be looking for something like this on the tubing.

vgmlc0.jpg

Just relooked at this again, I can now see the faint Tange prestige on the tubing, I thought you where on about the scratch marks :LOL:

Just relooked at this again, I can now see the faint Tange prestige on the tubing, I thought you where on about the scratch marks :LOL:

Back