Powder Coating A Dynatech Frame?

RDT

I used to own a 'Tech 300. Was under the impression the full range carried a holographic sticker / decal, denoting tubing and individual frame number. I don't remember a BB code. In the example below, I'm sure the 'AA...' prefix signified 1991, year one of production. Wish I still had it!!

It might be that the lug numbers 3 and 4 denote angles - ie 73 and 74 degrees.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/u ... 6.JPG.html

Edit: Retrobiker 'Bikemeister [?2000]' I think used to produce Dyna Techs. Apologies, bit vague ... :)

AA code is the serial number and does not match the frame number. My Dynatech 500 is B1540 (I think), B being the date code. Mind you Raleigh stampings were always a bit vague and my B loks like an 8 LOL

Shaun

Hi, sorry to be a pain, all ive got is stamped on the BB shell is 0326. There is an indentation after the 6 which isn't a letter or number. The serial no on the Reynolds 2060 sticker is AA1005. Any of this any good?

The O could well be a D and the last letter may be missed completely....Raleigh were really quite hopeless.........on reflection very hopeless :(

The Hologram relates (I think) to the serial number of the tubing.

A picture of the bottom bracket and frame is worth a thousand words as they say :)

Shaun

When I get round to stripping her, I'll post some pictures. Thanks for the advice so far..........I take it that all Dynatechs were made in Nottingham?

Back