latest unbelievable tip find - you will hate me... really!

To list what was actually in the box:

Campag Shamal 8spd rear wheel (mint)
Campag C.Record Delta Brake set/ levers (mint)
Campag 8spd bar end shifter (useable)
Campag unknown down tube shifter (U/S)
Campag C.Record front rear mechs (mint)
Campag Mirage 175 chianset (useable)
Campag headset (useable)
Cinelli 80mm stem (good cond)
Mavic Mobile BB 112mm (mint)
Taya chain (new)
Time magnesium pedals 2 pairs (rough but useable)
Specialized/ Kalloy 26.8 cut seatpost (rough)

Be polite to the staff at your local tip - always ask first.

Blimey charlie!?!! I've had some neat stuff from skips / dumps before but that tops the lot... I suppose the reason you get so much decent stuff is because you put a bit more time & effort into it, so i'm off down the tip right about now! :p

It's a great find you lucky fella - but - makes me wonder if there's been any bikes gone missing in the local roadie community lately.

Surely anyone who has even the smallest knowledge of bikes wouldn't just chuck this sort of stuff? Where's the frame? It must have been built up at some time.

Great find :D :D :D couldnt agree more about keeping the guys onside;
a packet of fags or half a bottle of vodka keeps my lot on the lookout...
Cheers

Old Ned":3qp7hzls said:
It's a great find you lucky fella - but - makes me wonder if there's been any bikes gone missing in the local roadie community lately.

Surely anyone who has even the smallest knowledge of bikes wouldn't just chuck this sort of stuff? Where's the frame? It must have been built up at some time.

Theres a lot of crashed bikes that just get dumped via the big Cambs roadie community. The guys that dropped this lot off were quoted as saying ' thats the last time that bikes gonna be ridden!' a

and anyway, surely it would be sold on rather than taken to a local recycling facility...?

Yup. and although it's hard for most of us to get our heads round there are folks out there who think of a bike as simply a tool to do a job. When it doesn't do the job as well as a new tool, then it has no value, is no longer worth spending money on and will just be chucked away.

But........but that denies the whole concept of fettling.........and they let these sick types out on the street? :x

nice find.

lucky, lucky bastard.

The only thing at the local tip here is smashed up TVs and avacado coloured baths.

Back