JOIN THE ORANGE "CLOCKWORK" CLUB,show your bikes!

well 98% done-needs the new odi attack grips to be fitted but here it is

Attachments

• DSCF9350 (768x1024) (Medium).jpg
    DSCF9350 (768x1024) (Medium).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 898
  • DSCF9349 (1024x768) (Medium).jpg
    DSCF9349 (1024x768) (Medium).jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 898
  • DSCF9348 (1024x768) (Medium).jpg
    DSCF9348 (1024x768) (Medium).jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 898
Sweet Oranges.

Here's mine too. Bought frame & forks for £175 in late 1993 from Rainbow Cycles, Huddersfield. Now undergoing full restoration following a major stack back in September. New powder coating by Armourtex Ltd, new graphics from Gil_m to be applied. New wheels and drive train, etc, to follow in the New Year. Can't wait to be back on the road again.

H

Attachments

• rainbow_clockwork_c.jpg
    rainbow_clockwork_c.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 830
  • rainbow_clockwork_bars.jpg
    rainbow_clockwork_bars.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 831
  • rainbow_clockwork_b.jpeg
    rainbow_clockwork_b.jpeg
    205.6 KB · Views: 830
  • rainbow_clockwork_a.jpeg
    rainbow_clockwork_a.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 832
groovyblueshed":1xmvqils said:
Sweet Oranges.

Here's mine too. Bought frame & forks for £175 in late 1993 from Rainbow Cycles, Huddersfield. Now undergoing full restoration following a major stack back in September. New powder coating by Armourtex Ltd, new graphics from Gil_m to be applied. New wheels and drive train, etc, to follow in the New Year. Can't wait to be back on the road again.

H

Strange one this (and very nice). It's looks like a 89/90 frame from the geometry but the colour and decals are from later. Wonder if Orange had a few older frames kicking about so painted them up and sold them on at a discount? :?

Thanks. And yes, strange. I found the old invoice for it from March 1994. I was scouting around for a replacement bike at the time and found Rainbow Cycles in Lockwood, Huddersfield.

Brian Marshall, the guy running the shop back then, had a 19 inch Clockwork frame and P7 nickel forks, both without decals, going spare – bought them together for £175. The modern blocky decals were thrown in.

Have been trying to pin point the vintage of the frame. The frame number is A319 40163. It was painted in an almost black green with a very subtle green metallic sparkle. Could be an older frame, as you say. It has the old lugging and cable routing – particularly the front mech cable guide brazed on top of the BB shell.

The frame is now being stripped and coated in a new custom colour. Gil has reproduced the same style of lettering for the decals.

Here's mine...

main.php

yeah... I promise its 26" :LOL:

Just a bad angle when I took the picture, and a modern 2.2" balloon on a skinny rim...

I guess it's like when Father Ted explains perspective to Father Dougal: "this is small, this is far away...". :LOL:

Having seen your 93 Clockwork Orange thread, it looks like the corks in the forks have seen better days.

I've wigged my Porcipaws, and unfortunately the old Smoke & Dart are destined for the display case now. My Clockwork frame has been stripped and I'm reconditioning most of the other bits. Will need new wheels as the FiRs are worn thin and concave now.

Good to see there's more old Clockworks out there still, especially in the classic orange & white fade.

BSA Dave":2zmpirhx said:
OK, I give up, how do you get images to display?

:oops:

Would be grateful for any help - I have looked at the FAQ and tried clicking the img buttons, to no avail. It's just a Flickr site and all images are viewable by the public, so I can't see where the problem is...

Thanks,

__
Dave

Back