Gun Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
makster":dxmb8u9x said:
lumos2000":dxmb8u9x said:
NeilM":dxmb8u9x said:
lumos2000":dxmb8u9x said:
farmers, vets, hunters. err cant think of anymore, mabey police depending on the country

How about clay pigeon shooters; there are tens of thousands of them in the UK, all blasting away every weekend without harming a soul, yet generating millions of pounds worth of sales and thousands of jobs.

yep them to, in my mind they went in with hunters as everyone i know who clay shoots also hunt, i used to pritty good

Still absolutely no need for the guns to be kept at home

where would you keep them if not at home?

Retro Cat":2bo4c82k said:
http://newsthump.com/2012/12/15/us-national-rifle-association-calls-for-ban-on-schools/

:facepalm: what ill minded people can have such thoughts :evil:

magas":2f5i8jy5 said:
Retro Cat":2f5i8jy5 said:
http://newsthump.com/2012/12/15/us-national-rifle-association-calls-for-ban-on-schools/

:facepalm: what ill minded people can have such thoughts :evil:

It is a spoof website illustrating myopic US legislation on gun ownership.

lumos2000":3nhfi6cg said:
where would you keep them if not at home?

Some members of my last gun club kept them at the club.

Now more info is coming out. The guns were kept/owned by his mother. An assault rifle was used.

If Obama thought passing his health bill was hard. Then getting guns controls passed will be miles harder. Guns laws that are meaning full that is.

mebay he will do the same as he has just done for marijuana laws and leave it up to individual states to decide. if he does anything at all

Two things come from this for me.

When you know you have a person in the house with mental health issues you then either remove the guns from the house or the person, the two do not mix well.

Secondly Most American gun owners do use their guns responsibly but even they must know that a ban on assault rifles to civilians must now be put in place.

sylus":2wbfei8f said:
Secondly Most American gun owners do use their guns responsibly but even they must know that a ban on assault rifles to civilians must now be put in place.

They were banned from 1994 to 2004 then the ruling was overturned. Madness.

It was a 10 year bill and it expired and was not renewed. it also did not apply to most states.
(each state being allowed to pass its own laws i.e concealed carry , high capacity magazines etc)

This incident is incredibly sad. As a father of a 5 yr old, my heart goes out to all the families involved. I can't even begin to think what they must be going through now.

When I was younger I worked in the US as a riflery instructor, teaching people how to handle weapons responsibly, safely and with respect. I've shot many different firearms in different situations and have a healthy view of the danger that they pose in the wrong hands.

Despite my experience and generally pro-firearm stance, I see no need for anyone to posess a powerful weapon at home. I believe that anything more than a low muzzle velocity, single shot airgun should be kept in a gun club.

You will never stop the madman who wakes up one day and decides that they're going on a killing spree, but by taking high power, automatic weapons out of legal circulation, you can take steps to minimise the impact of their decision.

I really do hope that this is a 'game changer', and the decision makers in the US and around the world have the balls to do something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back