Powder Coating A Dynatech Frame?

Oldaircool

Devout Dirtbag
Hi,

Ive got a Raleigh Dynatech frame that I want to refinish. I really want it powder coating. However, Im aware that there is a bit of heat involved in Powder coating........so Im wondering if this would damage the frame joins, what with them being bonded and all that. Be pleased to get some opinions.

Also, anyone know anything about Raleigh Frame numbers? The Frame number on this doesnt seem to match up with anything Ive been told......

Personally I'd not go for teh powder coating option just in case there is any adverse effect on the bonded joints.

Thanks for the response and advice. I've spoken to one member on here who has powder coated ok........but I'm still a bit wary.......might save up for a respray!

Powder coating temps vary but the hotter settings will be slightly higher than the bonding temps for the frame....

Andy

Thanks for that........decided me! I'll be saving up for a spray job then......I've had a good look at her this morning. Can't find anything which matches the frame numbers I've been advised about, just 4 digits on the Bb shell. However, on two of the lugs there is a single '3' stamped and on the other lug there is a '4' stamped. I'd love to try to age her from the number but have drawn a blank with my enquiries,...........

Has it got the original paint now? Someone on here will probably be able to age it from the paint job...

A member of this site called 'sticklegs' had a couple of dynatechs re-sprayed by Argos and they did a fantastic job. He's not around here much anymore, but a search for his posts might throw up some pics for inspiration.

Back