Interest check: Raleigh RSP Torus Ti hardtail, Fox F100X

garethrl

Senior Retro Guru
Hi folks,
Just thought I'd throw a couple of items on here early as a pre-xmas tester. I'll add pics and other specs later.

First, a Raleigh RSP Torus Titanium hardtail frame. 16.5" C-C and ~22" effective TT. The frame number is L14110 and it must be a relatively late one as it's both disk and v-brake ready. I think it was originally painted but when I got it is was fully stripped doen to the bare metal. The tubes are unfinished and I quite like the look, but another owner might want to bead blast it to clean it all up.

I'd be looking for £225 for this one. It currently has a black Chris King aheadset and Shimano XT HT-II BB mounted, which I'll remove before selling - or I could include them for £25 and £15, respectively.

The frame is set up for an E-type front mech, but I used it fine with a 34.9mm clamp-on. The seat tube is for a 29.6mm post. I will include both a Zoom cromo post in this size, and a shim to take it down to 27.2mm. The seat clamp visible in he pics will also be included.

Second, a disk-only Fox F100X Terralogic fork, with white lowers. I think it's a 2006 model. Steerer is 188mm and is ideal for the above frame and headset with a couple of spacers. The original seals were replace for Endura ones a couple of winters ago, and have had very little use since that service. SFN fitted, and all the controls work just fine.

I'd like £150 for the fork. If anyone is interested in both the frame and fork then I'm sure we can come to an agreement on the price. The A2C on the fork is 470mm and it worked well with the frame, though I wouldn't put a longer fork on it. I still have the plastic reducers to take the travel down to 80mm and will include them.

Pics to follow. If anyone's interested then register here or by PM. Both items are here in Brussels, but I'll be back in the UK over xmas for about 2 weeks so could post or deliver then.

Cheers,
Gareth.

I have a F100X, Great fork if you service it reguarly, otherwise your TL cartridge gets stuck and you know the outcome, Terralogic works pretty good actually!

A few pics, more to be found in my Flickr set

As has been said elsewhere on this site, this is really an excellent fork for XC racing. The TerraLogic valving works very well at eliminating bounce when climbing hard out of the saddle. I checked the condition of the TL set up and it moves freely and smoothly.

With this model, you need to flip the fork upside down and depress it in reverse to check. ie I put the top of the steerer on the floor and pressed the lowers towards the floor. If you try it the 'usual' way then the TL valve does its thing and doesn't move! The first time you do this it can be a bit disconcerting, as you instantly think the fork is fecked ;)

8277322583_2cf6833379_b.jpg

8277322583_2cf6833379_b.jpg

very clean stanchions showing no wear, seal in excellent shaoe

8277326065_00c7e942b3_b.jpg

8278385578_f81b56742e_b.jpg

controls in excellent condition

8278380212_5fc84e6994_b.jpg

terrible photo just about showing steerer length!

And now some pics of the Raleigh frame, also to be found on Flickr

8278376770_f1f7d24f58_b.jpg

8277310451_8cca2eb134_b.jpg

8278368900_1a1c7df8ae_b.jpg

8278370108_8da73058c5_b.jpg

I forgot to say previously, the frame is set up for an E-type front mech, but I used it fine with a 34.9mm clamp-on. The seat tube is for a 29.6mm post. I will include both a Zoom cromo post in this size, and a shim to take it down to 27.2mm. The seat clamp visible in he pics will also be included.

Cheers,
Gareth.

Hi,
I'll think about the headset. I'd planned to just leave it there if a buyer wanted it, and if not then I'd expected to keep it for the next project. But if I decide to sell it then I'll let you know. I do indeed have the crown race and top race, but I'll have to take a look to make sure I still have the scuff washer.

Back