Soooo, Fracking in the UK

no. some things we don't fully understand, namely the after effects that result from fracking, so we should leave well alone.

Lots of investment needed, which is good for the economy, cheaper gas prices, which is good for the economy, with people bemoaning that there is no growth in the economy, what is there not to like?

Links to earthquakes, polluted groundwater, etc, etc are not yet proven.
I'm looking to see a bit more conclusive research before I write it off altogether.
There is what seems to be a reasonably balanced view here : http://www.foe.co.uk/resource/briefings/shale_gas.pdf

Of more annoyance to me is not whether we allow a bit of fracking or not, but why successive governments have not invested into research and small scale trials of carbon capture and storage, or methods for energy storage from renewals.

I would also make it compulsory to publish real time data from windfarms so the public at large can see if they are really making any useful contribution. I get the feeling they do sod all to really reduce our need of conventional power stations.

There are farmers near fracking sites here in Western Canada that can light their well water on fire with a match. Learn from our mistakes, or you are doomed to suffer from them as well.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

Vast untapped energy, less reliance on foreign sources, jobs, cheaper prices and it gets it up the crusties.

Back