NOS Dura ace 7700 chainset or cranks + bb NOW SORTED

riddim-track

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I know it's a long shot but worth asking, even a good condition one would do. I'm not too worried about the chainrings as I'd probably put new TA ones on anyway. Also the bb isn't vital as they're still easy enough to find.

Thanks

I have a triple, new in the box. It is indistinguishable from the doiuble except for the mounting holes for the inner ring. From the factory the inner ring comes unfitted but supplied with bolts and spanner to fit. To turn to triple, fit ring and longer BB.

I also have bb for either the double or triple and triple front and rear mechs if that floats your boat.

I am in the middle of a build where my choice is this DA or XTR M960

I've run a DA triple as a double with the original 53 and a TA 38 though I did use triple shifters.

paininthe":3ietjpts said:
I have a triple, new in the box. It is indistinguishable from the doiuble except for the mounting holes for the inner ring. From the factory the inner ring comes unfitted but supplied with bolts and spanner to fit. To turn to triple, fit ring and longer BB.

I also have bb for either the double or triple and triple front and rear mechs if that floats your boat.
Thanks Paininthe, Pictures and prices of all if possible please, sounds interesting as I'm considering going for a triple groupset anyway. Is the inner bcd 74mm by any chance?

tonyf39
- "I've run a DA triple as a double with the original 53 and a TA 38 though I did use triple shifters". - Slightly off topic but do you know if a double LH STI will work for a triple chainset like Campagnolo LH ergos can?

This going to be my first road Shimano build since down tube shifters so I expect I'll be back with a number of questions elsewhere in the forum too ;) thanks, Adam

A double certainly won't work with a triple, not enough cable pull hence they are designated such by Shimano. you get 5 clicks up and 2 clicks down on 9 speed DA STI's which includes a trim shifts. (you get fewer trim shifts on lower spec 105/Tiagra IIRC)
The inside BCD of a Dura Ace triple is a weird 92mm, you can't fit anything but the stock 30T inner unless you start fannying around with bits of metal made by those who would know how to remedy such (there's always a way round) So on the DA triple you must use the 39 if you want to utilise the 30.
I too have a NOS triple plus I have a mint condition 118.5mm Dura Ace bottom bracket to match plus new in packet 7701 chain.
What crank length you after?

Tony,
Ideally 172.5mm, however I've just found a NOS double 175mm on ebay in the U.S for £60 so have ordered that (all my bikes use either 172.5 or 175mm). Now I'm just left needing:
braze on front mech,
chain,
STIs,
109.5mm octalink bb,
12-25 cassette (I already have a 6500 11-21 here but it's seen a few miles)

I'm picking most of those bits up later this week from another guy also called Tony on LFGSS so I could well be sorted for this project. However I'd be interested if you have any of those parts yourself and prices etc.

Am also keen to get my hands on a 7400 8spd rear mech (medium cage if they exist), cash waiting.

I just started using old 7400 STIs with a old 105 rear mech on my 1x8 hack bike and realised I've been stuck in a campagnolo mindset for too long. I might well go with a DA group for my next forthcoming project and am open to the idea of a triple set so interested in what's available.

If you don't mind when you have time PM me some pics and prices of what you have.

Thanks for info on Shimano double/triple compatability issues, with campag I always seem to get all kinds of odd combinations working. I've even got a Sram, Sunrace, Campagnolo, Shimano & Miche bike setup currently!!! :LOL:

Paininthe It looks like things are taking shape but I'm still interested in whatever you have available, thanks.

Hope you get lucky with the import VAT & RM handling charge as HMRC are getting a bit too efficient these days as they reduced the personal import level to a measly £15 though a 'gift' is still £40
Problem is that most ebayers think it is a federal offence in the US to under declare value of goods, it is actually the consignee (recipient) who is responsible but most ebayers won't under declare anyways.

Frankly unless you include inside/leave an invoice on the front of the package it would be difficult to prove the value without one
If it does get picked up expect 20% VAT on declared item value PLUS shipping costs PLUS RM handling charge of £8
So for instance if they declare £60 equiv and it costs £75 including postage, that would be £15 VAT +£8 handling charge, so £23 extra.
Just so you know in case it doesn't slip through, fingers crossed. :)

tonyf39":2xjirq3e said:
Hope you get lucky with the import VAT & RM handling charge as HMRC are getting a bit too efficient these days as they reduced the personal import level to a measly £15 though a 'gift' is still £40
Problem is that most ebayers think it is a federal offence in the US to under declare value of goods, it is actually the consignee (recipient) who is responsible but most ebayers won't under declare anyways.

Frankly unless you include inside/leave an invoice on the front of the package it would be difficult to prove the value without one
If it does get picked up expect 20% VAT on declared item value PLUS shipping costs PLUS RM handling charge of £8
So for instance if they declare £60 equiv and it costs £75 including postage, that would be £15 VAT +£8 handling charge, so £23 extra.
Just so you know in case it doesn't slip through, fingers crossed. :)

Thanks for the heads up, I guess even at the worst and it does cost the extra £££s It seems reasonable for an NOS item, given that if I got a used one and put new rings on they'd be in the range of £50-80 themselves.

Thanks, Adam

Back