BOTM Dec 2012: FAT Vs Klein Vs Yeti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll keep nominations out. The reason was that BOTM bikes can expect a fair bit of critique, its therefore unfair to then put someone else's bike up for consideration. Some people will never enter BOTM for this very reason and thats their prerogative. Also how many times has the bike been entered? Unlikely that the nominator knows but the owner should( even this isn't foolproof).

kaiser":3hgj93x4 said:
I think we'll keep nominations out. The reason was that BOTM bikes can expect a fair bit of critique, its therefore unfair to then put someone else's bike up for consideration. Some people will never enter BOTM for this very reason and thats their prerogative. Also how many times has the bike been entered? Unlikely that the nominator knows but the owner should( even this isn't foolproof).

The way BOTM began was actually through third party nomination.

Back before the bitching, it was considered bad form to nominate one's own bike.

I have had my own bikes nominated by others, and have then specifically asked JV to remove them from the running as I didn't think they fitted the ethos of the 'competition' for whatever reason.

I'm not sure what the difference is here? If a nominee wants their bike removed fine - that is their 'prerogative' - however, it should also remain the prerogative of forum members to nominate other members' bikes.

Seems stupid to me to get heavy handed on this one - especially in light of all the other bollocks this thread has thrown up.

What is the harm in third party nominations exactly?

BB.

BoyBurning":1niiuzyt said:
I'm not sure what the difference is here? If a nominee wants their bike removed fine - that is their 'prerogative' - however, it should also remain the prerogative of forum members to nominate other members' bikes.

Seems stupid to me to get heavy handed on this one - especially in light of all the other bollocks this thread has thrown up.
BB.

Nobody is getting heavy handed, though you seem to have taken it a bit personally. Can I ask are your two nominees aware that you've nominated them? And if you have told them you've put their bikes forward why not just suggest to them that they would make ideal candidate for this months BOTM? And I haven't found this months BOTM to contain any more or any less bollocks than other months.

What is the harm in third party nominations exactly?

I have had my own bikes nominated by others, and have then specifically asked JV to remove them from the running as I didn't think they fitted the ethos of the 'competition' for whatever reason.

I think you've just gave another reason, why make things any more complicated for the people running the thing.

Well crickey, how sad.

Sure is a fun place nowadays...

Why is it whenever someone makes a legitimate comment on things they are deemed to have 'taken it personally'...?

I haven't taken anything you wrote 'personally' as nothing was written by you about me 'personally' - what i wrote was an observation.

Don't be absurd, and please, take that personally if you so wish.

I tell you what, i'll offer up some musings more in keeping with the thread:

• All Fats are oversized tubes on undersized frames, with stupid poncy paint schemes, and predominantly owned by hairy German women.
• All Kleins have rusty seat tubes so they're crap.
• Yeti never had any decent riders or publicity, therefore they have no heritage and they should be replaced in the competition by On One.

Oh, and bah humbug you're all a bunch of elitist Yanky Brits who eat pizza and snails.

Now, please, get back to the bitching and don't dare enter any more bikes.

Taking things personally? Please!

BB

comment, dont comment, good form, bad form,.......... blah blah blah.

:roll:

ameybrook":2dsoh7ix said:
I'll get it started in here.

1991 Yeti Cycles Ultimate | Durango, CO USA

ultimate_sideshot_35.jpg

Rider and Designer

herting_wilk.jpg

THIS TICKS EVERY BOX................!

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts