Bagle worm......on my computor !

Thanks everyone, the wife got hold of a tech guy who is good, he's had a good shakedown of the PC and got a password reset BIOS from the PC makers so will try that in the morning, but he recomended ubuntu.........and run it along side to see if we like it before dumping windows.

The funny thing is ESET found 2 bagle worm entries in spybot files,i removed spybot from the PC, he said Malwarebytes should have picked it up, but it did not. So he has the PC working faster again after remotely poking and changing quite a few things.......but I have read how tricky these things can be, so fingers crossed for now and will betrying ubuntu. Many thanks all :D

I use a boot cd that comes with a good selection of tools and a small Linux distro that you can run; I use it for remming virus and if I need to sort hardware/software issues. I run the Linux disro, then use google/eset/norton/f-secure to find out what to remove manually. The cd is the ultimate boot cd, look for it with google.

and after wards why not run mailwasher, or a similar program, you get to preview the mail subjects and delete stuff straight off the server. I get loads of emails containing all sorts of shit, I just delete them from the server. You can preview mail or the code but it's text.

cheers for info abot disc, i usually 'view message souce' by right clicking suspect mail to see what it contains without opening it. I forgot this time..

Back