And today I did......

Velo - wise words, you may well have hit the nail on the head there.

Gazz - it's either 21" or 22" - and it feels like a pretty good fit.

Andy - I'm very concerned that you are au fait with Yankee candles, darling!

Very nice Mr ZZ. Quite a turnaraound if I remember. :cool:

And Mikee is spot on.
It does look like a proper bike. The seatstays finish in the right place for a start. :LOL:

Nice specialized zz...... :D

Managed to find a whole hour of shed time today...

Plan was to put some shorter forks on the klien pulse..

Pressed a syncros h/set in with new press...very satisfying :cool:

But... the steerer on a pair of Judy's I have came up 3-5mm short..... raging :evil:

Anyone got any CHEAP late 90s front bounce with a 210+mm steerer 1/8th....

Today I was up at Pitmedden and I was reminded again just how important a good pair of wheels are, as you may have heard my
wheel/wheels on the Stumpy are on their last legs so I used a pair of Mavic/XT wheels instead (machine built) mmmm not as good :?
My conclusion, wheels are as important as the frame.

RobMac":1w8gu4qs said:
Today I was up at Pitmedden and I was reminded again just how important a good pair of wheels are, as you may have heard my
wheel/wheels on the Stumpy are on their last legs so I used a pair of Mavic/XT wheels instead (machine built) mmmm not as good :?
My conclusion, wheels are as important as the frame.

I changed the wheels on my road bike to a pair of Mavics I bought from Eck and it totally changed the bike.

Less generous souls might say a set of wheels from Eck might change the whole feel of the bike in a bad way. Those DH wheels weigh a ton etc.
I'm not one of those less generous souls Eck in case your reading this.........please dont hit me..........no not the welding kit..........no,no,NOOOOOooooooooooo.................

Today i sold off a lot of my spare bits and gained some of my funds back
Then went out and bought a hope hub,and a broken one at that :oops: :LOL:

you need to put it away till the value drops significantly andy
then sell it , its the macretro way

Today I realised if there is a referendum on EU membership I'm voting for staying in. I've spent all day going slightly mad trying to fill out all the paperwork needed to post some plastic bottles to Australia and I've still not succeeded. Pish easy to import/export within EU but the rest of the world is a minefield. The UK Tarrif, the documentation produced by Her Majesties Revenue and Customs pertaining to import and export run to 3 volumes of legal gobbledygook :shock: :? :(
If I was sending a small christmas pressie to auntie thingy in Brisbane it'd be fine but umpteen kilos of science grade plastic to a lab in Western Australia........AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

Today I stood and had a good old stare at a new Breezer Lighting in Evans.

It is almost very nice, but not quite. Super shiny paintwork with lovely blue shades, really nice skinny tubes, generally nice balance to it.

Then you spot the bendy down tube and the fact the seatpost, bars and stem are all white which I just don't like and would look so much nicer in silver.

Still looked better than most of the stuff in there though.

Like this one, not the 29er.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bre ... e-ec032194

Back