Orange MsIsle - Rebuild

Hi sadly not, they said they would call Friday to say if it was ready. Bit annoying but it has only been a week. I have now bought a patriot which depending on the quality of the Msisle will be winging its way there when i collect the MsIsle. i will post pictures the evening i get her back home. I am now hoping it will be Tuesday/Wednesday.

Right, i am told the frame will be finished this afternoon as it was being lacquered yesterday afternoon. Can't wait and will post some photos as soon as i am home. Also dropping my Patriot frame off with them now i have finally managed to remove the old pivot bearings!!!

I have now put together my crank. I am going to run a double with a bash guard, so i changed the worn 32?t to a 36t and obviously lost the big ring for the bash guard. I would like to keep the old granny ring as the bike will be used for trails, so given that i am based in the cotswolds thought i may need it. Does anyone forsee any issues with shifting from a standard LX granny to a 36tt?

Attachments

• WP_000007.jpg
    WP_000007.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 965
  • WP_000008.jpg
    WP_000008.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 965
Just collected the frame from the Powder coaters and dropped of my Patriot which is now going to be white.

It Looks Amazing!! I will post some photos tonight for those that are interested. Now the Fun begins. I have boxes of parts everywhere! Christmas has come a week early

So, here are the updated pictures post Powder coating. The bike has been blasted and powder coated then had a clear top coat of lacquer. The finish is frankly stunning, i am dead chuffed. To top it all off it only cost me £30!!! I have dropepd the patriot off with them this afternoon for the same treatment, ut this time in pure white. I was so excited that i came home and started to put the bike together. Forst thing was installation of the stcker set supplied by Orange (glad i went with the silver and black) Then i Installed the headset cups, BB, Crank, Forks etc. tomorrow i hope to start work on the drive system. I would like to take it for a spin this weekend as i have promised my daughter i would go for a bike ride with her (something i wasnt able to do on ,my carbon roadie) anyway if anyone is interested in getting their bike done, contact Dave www.3dfinishers.co.uk in Coventry.

Below are some pictures

Attachments

• DSCF1458.JPG
    DSCF1458.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 932
  • DSCF1452.JPG
    DSCF1452.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 932
  • DSCF1453.JPG
    DSCF1453.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 932
That looks like a quality job. I think I'll be giving them a buzz about my SX.

Bet you can't wait to get out on it...I think the weather is going to be poo this weekend though. The forecast for us this weekend is biblical rain. Nice.

I would certainly recommend them. The finish is fantastic and i am certainly glad i paid the extra £5 for a clear coat over the top of the powder. Looking forward to seeing how the patriot turns out now! I am going to try and finish the bike over the weekend. Not got a massive amount to do. Just the drive set up and brake adjustment. Will post some pictures when she is complete. Looking forward to giving my mate a run for his money. He is just ordering a new Lapierre.

Right here is a completed picture of the bike, taken her out for a few rides now only round town jobs and i must say she is an absolute joy to ride! My only complaint is the sheer volume of cables on show, which is obvioulsy my fault fitting a remote lock out and dropper post. Sdaly however i am going to have to sell her...As mentioned earlier i have a patriot frame currently being blasted and powder coated as well as a newer XC bike which i will be using more often. Also i simply cant afford to have so much moeny tied up in bikes!! If anyone is interested please send me a PM as i will sell it cheaper on this forum, thanks to all of the help and feedback around the build.

Attachments

• DSCF1477.jpg
    DSCF1477.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 708
Was just randomly searching for other Orange Ms Isle builds on Google when I came across this post... I'm the guy that bought it in the end and I can say with confidence it was worth every penny!

I've ridden it almost as it was for the last year and a bit and she's still looking pretty similar, but with a new reverb dropper and fresh maxxis tyres. I'll also be changing over to a 1x10 setup, exchanging the brakes for Shimano XT's and going for some wider bars in the next few weeks now that I can afford it. Has always needed more stopping power.. :p

Once I get round to it i'll try and get some new pics up on here.

Thanks again.

Back