Gun Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
tintin40":2q3rvo86 said:
we don't know yet how he got these hand guns. The law in most US states on hand guns is very strict.

A few years ago a mate brought me back a bottle of JD (empty) from the states, there was a promotion on the label, send in 25 JD corks and a photocopy of your driving licence and receive a ltd edition Jack Daniels revolver...........getting guns is a piece of piss.
Getting them over here is easy too, all I have to do is go to the police station and declare the fact that I would like a gun for hunting, home defence or sport shooting, the police do a quick check then Give me a form to take to the gun shop and I can have anything that takes my fancy except for 'military calibre'.

It would be difficult to ban all firearms as farmers for example will generally have some form of gun for pest control. And hunting is a lucrative business, many highland landowners make a pretty penny out of it.

However something like a hand gun (excepting target pistols) or an assault rifle is designed and made for one purpose and one purpose only. Killing people. There is no reason for them to exist in the hands of ordinary citizens.

the UN should fly drones over america, any suspisious actitivy by an adult male between the age of 18 and 60 should have a hellfire rocket fired down their chimney.

There's no point banging on about being able to access illegal firearms if they're banned, nearly all the massacres that have happened in the US have been carried out with legally held firearms.

makster":1l7f94g4 said:
tintin40":1l7f94g4 said:
makster":1l7f94g4 said:
I've never understood why ANYONE needs a gun of any kind?

I can in the USA. I'd have one if i lived there

Because everyone has one. If nobody had them, then no need

true But in the real world the nutters have them. So give your self a chance to defend your self.

Tazio":3u3ox6pr said:
However something like a hand gun (excepting target pistols) or an assault rifle is designed and made for one purpose and one purpose only. Killing people. There is no reason for them to exist in the hands of ordinary citizens.

In the UK, they don't.

Handguns, including target pistols, and automatic weapons are illegal. In the case of handguns, this was brought in many years ago, and automatic weapons have never been allowed to anyone other than security / military personnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back