PotM - December - My Trail

Status
Not open for further replies.
nausea":114vmraa said:
And yep, Arthur's Seat is ace - not the kind of place that's so wild you can get lost but it's literally five minutes from the city centre with breathtaking views in every direction and some really technical tricky bits on the way down.

It's a shame the picture doesn't show it better but there's a rainbow disappearing into the River Forth in the top left of the shot - it started to piss down about ten minutes after I took that shot but that's Scottish weather for you :LOL:

That body of water is rather more substantial than the River Forth!

I understand the viewing tower has now been demolished. Shame, I have some great memories...ah, to be a teenager in love again!

Might surprise some to discover Edinburgh has a lower average rainfall than many parts of England. It is the West Coast that bumps our averages up!

523702_10151359082153115_810411007_n.jpg

Now that is what the brief put me in mind of!

highlandsflyer":1j7kxdfj said:
Might surprise some to discover Edinburgh has a lower average rainfall than many parts of England. It is the West Coast that bumps our averages up!

Hehe, forgive my English prejudice :LOL: You've just reminded me of last Summer which I spent in the Avon Valley in the West Country - I'm not usually one to be put off by a spot of rain but it was so wet it rendered alot of awesome trails literally unridable for much of the Summer. The woodland is so dense that the ground gets absolutely no sun or wind to dry it - even two weeks of solid sunshine was not enough to dry it out!

Just relocated to the Peak District now though so looking forward to a good few months of riding without such problems :D

Some fantastic photos as always. Here's mine taken this summer above Coniston Water.
Dirty Klein Attitude!

P1020718.jpg

Where is this?!?! It looks like a beauty! Love trails like this - if you were to look to your left as you're decending it would feel like you're flying...

That's is Machynlleth in Wales, it is in my view the finest 'natural' trail centre. The trails are man made, but feel like they're not. If you know what I mean ;)

Thanks Humanoid - it looks wicked. Would never have imagined it was man made. I'm expecting to relocate to Llangollen next year - not in range of Machynlleth unfortunately but I'm hoping to find some good stuff when I get there :)

nausea":188it3f6 said:
At the top!

mytrail.jpg

...of Arthur's Seat. I often travel to Scotland to work for an Edinburgh based company. I make sure I take my wheels along because this steep rocky trail is the perfect wind down after a day stuck in the office - not to mention the 360' view you get from the top!

And your photo illustrates perfectly that the sun always shines on East Lothian. :mrgreen:

Think I have my winner so far. ;)

...no motor transport for me I'm afraid.... Llangollen is as far West as I can get in Wales as I live on a boat :cool: but that whole area around Coed y Brenin / Gwydyr Forests looks awesome and Bala Lake looks reachable by bike.

I'm going to have to practice saying these place names before I move there though :oops: I've already had to download an audio clip off the web to work out how to pronounce Pontcysyllte!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back