la mia LITESPEED OCOEE del 1994

the stem on this bike I think it's a bold AXIS machine, is identical to the one in this ad (but my is Aheadset)

stem%2Bti.JPG

I found these other info,

axis+stem.JPG

but who is Chris Paretich?

adri.75":j7pdq4k5 said:
the stem on this bike I think it's a bold AXIS machine, is identical to the one in this ad (but my is Aheadset)
but who is Chris Paretich?
Nice bike -- and article/web links too. Your stem definitely is an Axis/Paretich (I have the quill version on my Newsboy here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=80533).

One minor correction- To my knowledge Chris' stems did not have a model name. The reference to "Bold" in that article you posted is just the editor I think trying to have some fun by making the article's title a take-off on the name of the Jimi Hendrix album:

20121112072407!Axiscover.jpg

Chris is a great guy and still located in the same shop he was when he was making stems. I still see him every year or so at local bike-related events. The stem project only lasted a couple of years at the most and I would guess he made maybe only a few dozen of the stems (as they were all total-custom and quite expensive at the time compared to Ibis' etc.). Chris was particularly skilled at bending tubing -- and was the man responsible for the custom handlebars used on the Ibis Scorcher.

Many thanks, I was not able to find anything else on the net. The stem is built very well!

your newsboy is fantastic!

On the subject of Chris Paretich, the Axis Ti Cruiser was one of the most beautiful bikes I've ever seen. If anyone has a pic of it that they could scan I'd really appreciate it (as would many on here, I'd imagine)

Very nice Litespeed btw! :)

Thank's for that! I think it's probably my most desirable bike ever, 'gives me goosebumps looking at it/remembering. Shame we can't see the elegant Ti bars in the pic though.
...an absolute work of art, as you say.

Apologies for the thread hijack, adri

Re:

adri.75":36tlfufz said:
That's a beautiful shot! Very very nice bike. Loving the red/ti combo.

But have you considered tanwall tyres? Those all blacks look a bit heavy in my opinion.

Oh, and do you have a close up pic of the cranks?

Re: Re:

Konsta":10hq11p0 said:
adri.75":10hq11p0 said:
That's a beautiful shot! Very very nice bike. Loving the red/ti combo.

But have you considered tanwall tyres? Those all blacks look a bit heavy in my opinion.

Oh, and do you have a close up pic of the cranks?

sorry the tires are modern (26x2.35 ant, 26x2.1 post) because the bike i use it with the rigid fork and is more comfortable. ;)

the cranks are FRM CU2

IMG_7520%2B%2528Copia%2529.JPG

Back