Unidentified Tange Prestige Frame - Help Needed

Rod_Saetan":mqfxqa04 said:
irrefutable.

I cannot disprove that frame is not a Ritchey brand frame, I cannot prove is or isn't. I can give evidence that it has no Ritchey brand serial number, it is not in a Ritchey brand designed frame.

I can however disprove that your theory of using the dropout along is wrong. http://forums.mtbr.com/ritchey-design/b ... 45029.html

Of this game may continue...

---

The weight is heavy for a steel frame, in fact very heavy by 1994 standards.
If that is with a bottom bracket in it and/or headset cups and other small attachments I'd be more inclined to accept it a high end tubing as per the frame seems to say.

I think he's following on from that eBay thread where the seller was saying it was definately a Ritchey because the dropouts said Ritchey on them.

Unless he's right and my DeKerf is actually a Ritchey?

Was checking the frame again to see if I could find any disctictive markings and I found on the Bottom bracket shell at the back "FS" Stamped. Not sure if this has anything to do with the frame or just the botom bracket ? presuming just bottom bracket but can not find any info about it.
The forks also have some stamp marks on the steerer
I will try and get some pictures tonight

Let the games continue :)

Here are some more Pics
The fork has a marking and initials that look like AUR RMO ? but you can not reallly see the markings very good on the picture or in real life.
The seat tube has a really nice finish and pictures of the "FS" that is stamped on the bottom bracket

Attachments

• DSC01142.jpg
    DSC01142.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 451
  • DSC01143.jpg
    DSC01143.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 451
  • DSC01144.jpg
    DSC01144.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 451
  • DSC01147.jpg
    DSC01147.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 451
  • DSC01150.jpg
    DSC01150.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 451

My Kona Kilauea has Ritchey dropouts.... does that sugget to the self proclaimed expert that it is, in fact, a Ricthey Kilauea?

That welding IS NOT Ritchey :shock:

dsc01144_207.jpg

:roll:

G

570g for folks, I would say your scales are wrong, 750g would be very light and more like it. unless Alu or a Ti type thing even then 570g would be silly.

Which puts doubt in the 1700g while not impossible means it top range race tubing at that sort of weight and usually reserved for small frame sizes, unless Alu or Ti.

Woodyuk":1n7tz50x said:
I have weighed the frame

Frame weighs
1700 grams
or 1.70kg

Forks weigh

570 grams or 0.57 kg

Those are impressive weights. I'm beginning to think that it might be a Ritchey Featherweight Series. But then again, those are so rare that Fluffy's idea that your scales are out could well be the more likely explanation.

Intriguing stuff.

Back