Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Hi, sorry to be a pain, all there is stamped on the BB shell is 0326. There is an indentation after the 6 which isn't a letter or number. The series no on the Reynolds 2060 sticker is AA1005. Any of this any good?

Further to my question about the frame number..........I want to get the frame refinished. Been thinking about powder coating. However, I know that powder coating involves a bit if time in a hot oven..........will that upset the joints on a dynatech frame? Thanks for your patience........

Here's my frame after i blew off the dust. Frame is 18" centre to top of seat tube.

DynaTech015.jpg

DynaTech006.jpg

Congratulation,

You are a proud owner of a Dynatech MT 4 of the 1993 series. The colored splaters are typical for the MT 4 frame, also the 2125 holographic sticker you can see on the seat-tube.

There is a few pic of my MT4 assembled in autumn 1993

Best regards from Mainhatten

Dynatechrider

Dynatechrider":1bete2yy said:
Congratulation,

You are a proud owner of a Dynatech MT 4 of the 1993 series. The colored splaters are typical for the MT 4 frame, also the 2125 holographic sticker you can see on the seat-tube.

There is a few pic of my MT4 assembled in autumn 1993

Best regards from Mainhatten

Dynatechrider

beautiful!

I looked at a photo of yours when building mine up - I decided on polished stem and seat post rather than black. Just personal preference. And of course Pace RC30 forks! :)

I found this trawling through Retrobike;

main.php

A price and spec list of 1997 M-Trax bikes!

And my old M Trax is on there - A bike stolen but a few months after I bought it in 1999 :( And the source of my Dynatech/MTrax/RSP love today!

I had the M-Trax 300 Elite in Gold chromica with Indy Forks in white, it was a featherweight beauty! And loved the frame.
Wish i could find one today.

Here is my early 90's Dynatech Diablo DX, Won in a great Karma Competition run by Racin'snake. The Frame and Forks were delivered with a few extra parts throw in to get us started, but once in the Man Cave things soon started to change.

Karma Comp Link.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

Ok not 'Catalogue Perfect' but that's not how i roll ;) Some DX parts sourced from the wanted section on here, polished and fitted, followed by a nice long Tioga Stem which many moons ago i was trying to shift. Some un-named bars and Dia-Comp levers and Shimano Thumbies in the control centre.

Suntour Hubs with Mavic Rims and WTB Tyres keep me rolling and glue me to the trails. Charge Spoon Saddle providing a great perch for the ole rump :D

Ok, admission but only to meet the Xmas ride deadline was a £6.99 new Raleigh Seatpost (26.4mm) from Evilbay, and some £1.99 Lock On Grips from ALDI. Both parts will be replaced in time but will do for now.

Build Thread Link.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232725

All in all very pleased with outcome, rides nice, very light, and currently pride of place in the Man Cave.

Enjoy,

Jussa :D

Attachments

• Diablo4.JPG
    Diablo4.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,161
  • Diablo3.JPG
    Diablo3.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,161
  • Diablo2.JPG
    Diablo2.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 1,161
  • Diablo1.JPG
    Diablo1.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 1,161
Ok dillemah that I am hoping someone can help me with, had some nice purple Anodised bottle bolts arrived today, went to fit them in my Dynatech but shock horror they don't fit :( used process of elimination and tried some other ones from another bike and they don't fit either??? The threaded inserts look ok, and its all 4 bottle bolt mounts that are the same, any ideas? I am lost at the moment, is it possible they take a smaller diameter bolt?

Latest posts

Back