LeMond vs Trek

Thats been on the cards for a while ever since Lemond openly comented on Armstrongs use of E-PRO and other performance hancing substances.

yeah, agree with dadycool, it's been coming for a while that 1!

i'm not a big fan of trek bikes generally but i'm not surprised that trek stick more with armstrong, to them he's a more saleable personality and whether you believe in what greg or lance says regarding eachother about drugs or whatever i think it could benefit the image of lemond bikes being separated from trek assuming they continue to produce bikes without trek.

i'm not supprised at how outspoken greg is though, alot of those guys have very strong opinions, same with lance when cofidis (the team he was going to when he was diagnosed i think) wouldn't honour his contracts because of the cancer, he was outspoken about that.

sometimes i think they should try and keep it all behind closed doors, do we really need to know? i don't think so.

there are people within my trade i don't get on with, i just keep out of their way or ignore them, why rock a boat? what's the point? but that could be said of so many situations i suppose.

sometimes i think they should try and keep it all behind closed doors, do we really need to know? i don't think so.

The trouble is that keeping it al behind closed doors has meant cycling being tainted by drug scandals for the last 50 years. The only way the issue will ever be resolved or the situation improving is through being open and discussing the issue.

fair point regarding the drugs, although with that comment i was referring to the bitching between the riders.

Let's face it, Lemond and Armstrong are both single-minded and arrogant. It's the self-belief you need to win something like the tour.

It just doesn't make them ideal business partners.

Back