FOR SALE: Dawes 5 Speed Road Late 1960's Early 1970's

Cycle:Recycle

Devout Dirtbag
Good Morning,

We have had this Dawes Road Bike for Sale in our Shop for a while now.
Not great for the Pennine area as only 5 Speed.

I've carried out a little research and so far I can date the cycle to late 1960's early 1970's. I'll try to get a Frame Number later. If anyone wants to give any more detail on age/history or name then feel free...

Again the Cycle has been stripped and rebuilt by Cytech mechanics and is a very nice ride.

The Bars are amazing and the quality of the engraving quite incredible.

Pictures below (again taken by an 11 year old, aspiring photographer)

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

PRICE £200
We can Ship this Dawes potentially but would cost £30 Parcelforce 48 within the UK, or you can arrange your own Courier

With great respect...do cytech mechanics not know how to route non -aero cable ? :oops:

For 200 you really need to pay attention to detail (IMHO) e.g. same colour mudguards, level saddle, bar tape, stem etc nicely polished and pics with a sympathetic backdrop...
having said that, it could make a nice retrobike, so good luck! :)

With great respect...do cytech mechanics not know how to route non -aero cable ? :oops:

For 200 you really need to pay attention to detail (IMHO) e.g. same colour mudguards, level saddle, bar tape, stem etc nicely polished and pics with a sympathetic backdrop...
having said that, it could make a nice retrobike, so good luck! :)

a red to crimson background (a double bed sheet stretched on a 8x4 board) Better lighting, fluoro strip lights emit a blue light which is deadening.
and as you're selling maybe an older photographer?

bikenut2010":2ecl0sh8 said:

Ummm, interesting point on cable routing but works fine as is, looks more than safety with regards to the routing, methinks

joe careless":2tmcn1in said:
a red to crimson background (a double bed sheet stretched on a 8x4 board) Better lighting, fluoro strip lights emit a blue light which is deadening.

Yeah all valid points but we don't have the $$ to change the lighting in the workshop. ➡️

The quality of pics is poor more due to my bad image processing I think but it would probably help if the Sun wax out and the pics taken outside. However, this year the sun has been missing presumed dead for most of the time in the Calder valley, esp Hebden Bridge.... :cry:

Cycle:Recycle":3nxf5xri said:
bikenut2010":3nxf5xri said:

Ummm, interesting point on cable routing but works fine as is, looks more than safety with regards to the routing, methinks

...the front outer is rubbing on the rear outer and there's way to much cable between the rear top tube stop and the centre pull, here's one of my steelies...I have a wee clip to keep the cables tidy.

Also, when you see fundamentals 'wrong' ( seat angle etc ) a potential buyer would wonder if any else is amiss... cost nothing to put right also!

Attachments

• pettenella80.jpg
    pettenella80.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 2,759
Cycle:Recycle":32we9ggw said:
joe careless":32we9ggw said:

Yeah all valid points but we don't have the $$ to change the lighting in the workshop. ➡️

The quality of pics is poor more due to my bad image processing I think but it would probably help if the Sun wax out and the pics taken outside. However, this year the sun has been missing presumed dead for most of the time in the Calder valley, esp Hebden Bridge.... :cry:

You can get a better pic without bright sunlight, find a nice plain background, maybe a stone wall, take pic with camera at knee height from a little distance and crop image ( that stops the 'oval' wheel effect...) :)

Djr-kfx-quadracer88":35srozpo said:
The pics are fine, shows enough to for people to see what you are selling!!
Some people just like to bleat about anything.
Bit harsh matey, people here just trying to help you get the best result with the least effort.... And you were wished good luck with the sale... ;)

Back