Can any identify these retro Campag bits?

mat*46*

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

Can anyone help idenify these campag bits?

They came on a bike i'm stripping which is Reynolds 653 and pretty good spec.

There defo not Veloce or anything.

imagenbk.jpg

imagewqc.jpg

imagecub.jpg

Thanks

I agree that they're most likely Chorus from the early to mid 90's, monoplaner calipers are quite collectible and Chorus were high on Campag's group set pecking order......so hang on to 'em!

Looks like 1st generation Record ergo levers to me....very collectible. If you are selling the wheels, I may be very interested....

Yup, Mk I Chorus Monoplaners: 1988 - 1990.

Mk I had white wheel guide rubbers and white o-rings on the brake adjusters; the casting of the caliper arms (where the pad holders attach) is also different to later versions.

Mk II ('91 - '93) had "naked" wheel guides (from Record) and black o-rings.

I've been on the lookout for a pair of Mk II for a while, so I've got a bit nerdy on Monoplaners.

Also agree that the shifters are from 1992, the triangular ends of the levers are distinctive. Record, Chorus and Athena were all equipped with the same one, EC-02RE CG.

Is there any way to find out if the shifters are Record or Chorus? Do they have model numbers anywhere?

ScillySuffolk":5thqh7n1 said:
Also agree that the shifters are from 1992, the triangular ends of the levers are distinctive. Record, Chorus and Athena were all equipped with the same one, EC-02RE CG.

They are Record: Chorus and Athena didn't have their own versions at this time, but were offered with Record Ergos.

If you check the '92 catalogue, you'll note that the same part number is quoted for all three groups.

The "RE" part of the number is for Record (CH for Chorus and AT for Athena).

Thanks for all your help guys.

I've got some pictures of the wheels now. Does anyone know anything about these? Approx value?

They have campag hubs and skewers. The rims have campag stickers on and ones that say 'Omega Hardox' and another that says 'Deeside'.

imageibo.jpg

imageuiwc.jpg

imagefnfi.jpg

imagelruc.jpg

Back