British Steel

Rob Atkin":122tiqsr said:
Pump sprayed to match frame - awesome! You don't see that very often....if ever.

Agreed. I just asked Adrian if he had done it for the formula. It would just put the cap on that build perfectly for me.

:cool:

This would be a unicorn bike for me. A red Zinn 753 with full Record/Icarus groupset and the Manitou One forks.

Yum!

If Sally was ridding it, it would make it that extra bit special! ;)

Attachments

• img195_110.jpg
    img195_110.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 503
  • sally_hibberd_aboard_her_zinn_wearing_the_well_deserved_champions_skin_suit_641.jpg
    sally_hibberd_aboard_her_zinn_wearing_the_well_deserved_champions_skin_suit_641.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 503
Oh, and this one :cool:

Attachments

• minty_and_jo_burtriding_the_zinn_with_custom_artwork_152.jpg
    minty_and_jo_burtriding_the_zinn_with_custom_artwork_152.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 501
They sure where.

I remember going to the Grundig Mountain Bike World Cup at Newnham Park in 93 and it was roasting. It was worth it to see Mr. Baker cross the line first though...

I am SO glad that helmet technology has moved on, and we no longer have to wear upturned polystyrene mixing bowls on our heads.... unless of course you want to.

Giom6":1su837j7 said:
This would be a unicorn bike for me. A red Zinn 753 with full Record/Icarus groupset and the Manitou One forks.

Yum!

but which version would be your preference...? The mint sauce with custom paint, or the red like sally hibberds.....?

sinnerman":nu6l0153 said:
Giom6":nu6l0153 said:

Yum!

but which version would be your preference...? The mint sauce with custom paint, or the red like sally hibberds.....?

I was just going to PM you actually. It would have to be the mint sauce custom.

I was thinking how difficult it would be to find a donor frame, reckon I could draw the graphics if the pictures were good enough.... :?

Giom6":abdk9mxb said:
I was thinking how difficult it would be to find a donor frame

This always raises the thought with me of 'where are they now'?

Talking the Graham Foot a little while ago, we were able to identify less than 15 of the 200 e-stay framesets that they made. I'm sure the same exercise with those involved with Zinn, Overbury's and other similar manufacturers would yield the same results.

It has to be accepted that certain numbers of bikes have long since found their way back to the smelter, but there must still be some real treasures, gathering rust 'n' dust in sheds, workshops and garages up and down the UK.

They're out there somewhere, it's just a matter of finding them.......

sinnerman":2b8fwfh0 said:
ORBIT etc, care of Steve Worland. MBUK.

Hi Karl, would there be any chance of you sendin me a hi-res scan of this pic? What year is the publication it's from please?

Thanks

Back