PotM - December - My Trail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lid":1hvgol8a said:
trail_head":1hvgol8a said:
On Comfortably Numb
th_542382_266583686791165_84903372_n.jpg

One the most epic trails I have ever, ever ridden. Took us six hours? Trail building by a master builder. (As you ride it you can't help thinking that the builder is screwing with your head).

As a pro builder myself, I was thrilled by the terrain and creativity of the West Coast builders. I wish I had a canvas like that in Ontario!
My group of 10 riders took about 5.5hrs to get through.

Great shot of Arthurs Seat Nausea- That used to be my local trail when i lived in Edinburgh.
I never got tired of the fact that you could ride over a mountain (volcano?) in the middle of a city!

Right, MY trail. As in literally.......
I discovered and cleared this trail in my local (tiny bit of) woodland some 15 years ago- on my first Cinder Cone (before i sold it).
Here i am this summer on my Retrobike bought 92 Cinder Cone, making sure the trail is still clear.
It was and it was lined with bluebells

553375_10150990019583115_230803118_n.jpg
;)

^^^^^^ that one, and this one:

:shock: :shock:

nausea":1jctmt9p said:
At the top!

mytrail.jpg

...of Arthur's Seat. I often travel to Scotland to work for an Edinburgh based company. I make sure I take my wheels along because this steep rocky trail is the perfect wind down after a day stuck in the office - not to mention the 360' view you get from the top!

humanoid1989":wnsl8q13 said:
How about 4 words- Fresh, Air, Up, High(ish).
No? ok 3 words- Singletrack, Heaven, Scenery.

523702_10151359082153115_810411007_n.jpg

Where is this?!?! It looks like a beauty! Love trails like this - if you were to look to your left as you're decending it would feel like you're flying...

And yep, Arthur's Seat is ace - not the kind of place that's so wild you can get lost but it's literally five minutes from the city centre with breathtaking views in every direction and some really technical tricky bits on the way down.

It's a shame the picture doesn't show it better but there's a rainbow disappearing into the River Forth in the top left of the shot - it started to piss down about ten minutes after I took that shot but that's Scottish weather for you :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back